Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT N7100 users can now enjoy another custom Jelly Bean update, via JellyBam ROM. Thanks to XDA Developers member iGio90, Samsung's new phablet (hybrid phone/tablet) can access a plethora of features drawn from the best existing custom ROMs - AOKP, CyanogenMod 10 and ParanoidAndroid.
The ROM supports a high degree of customisation options including colours, screen alpha, custom home action and hardware buttons on the lockscreen and more. You no longer have to install Google Apps separately, as it comes bundled with the package. YouTube fanatics can enjoy the hacked 3G+Wi-Fi HD 720p playback feature on the ROM. Music buffs are in for a special treat, as Beats Audio, Clearbass Sound and xLoud by Sony, and Dolby Digital Sound deliver exuberant sound on the fly.
Key Points to Note
- The JellyBam ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable to the Galaxy Note 2 GT N7100 model only. It will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while flashing the Android 4.1.2 based JellyBam ROM on the Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update on the Galaxy Note. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Verify that your device is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) preinstalled on it.
- Keep your phone's USB cable handy for connecting the device to the computer.
- Download JellyBam ROM package (alternative link)
- Make sure that your phone's battery has at least 75 percent charge before you proceed with the ROM installation procedure. This is to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the JellyBam ROM on the Galaxy Note 2.
How to Update Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2 GT N7100 with JellyBam ROM
1. Copy the JellyBam ROM package to the root folder on your phone's internal SD card.
2. Switch off your phone and boot it into CWM Recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the phone enters Recovery mode.
NOTE: Use Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in Recovery.
3. Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on next screen.
4. Click Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
5. Choose Install ZIP from SD Card.
6. Tap Choose ZIP from SD Card and navigate to the JELLYBAM-n7100-PAOKP10_v1.3.0.zip file. Choose the file and confirm the action on next screen.
7. Once the ROM is installed, hit Go Back and click Reboot System Now. Your phone will now reboot into the newly installed JellyBam ROM.
You have now successfully installed the JellyBam ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT N7100.
[Source: Android Authority]