An official software update, Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with build version XXDMB6, has been released for the international LTE version of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 bearing model number GT-N7105. The update is originally for Note 2 users from France but users from supported region can also install the update.
Version: Android 4.1.2
The N7105XXDMB6 is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed via OTA or through the Samsung KIES server. Galaxy Note 2 users who failed to install Android 4.1.2 XXDMB6 Jelly Bean for being region-specific, may follow our step-by-step guide below.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are also advised to verify that their handsets meet following requirements before installing the update.
1) Install USB driver for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to transfer files between the Android device and computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect the Android device with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup before proceeding. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP already installed, then back up the data using the recovery.
4) The phone should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The Galaxy Note should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The device will lose custom firmware with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, it will lose custom recovery which will be replaced by stock recovery.
7) The phone will no longer belong to a rooted version once official firmware is installed.
8) The Android 4.1.2 XXDMB6 Jelly Bean is compatible only with the LTE Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105. As applying this to an incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number of the Note 2 by selecting Settings>> About Phone.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXDMB6 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105
Step- 1: Download Android 4.1.2 XXDMB6 Jelly Bean official firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 on the computer
Step- 2: Extract the firmware zip to get a file with .tar or .tar.md5 extensionalong with some other files
Step- 3: Download Odin v3 3.07 which will help to install the Jelly Bean firmware. Extract the zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with a few other files
Step- 4: Switch off the Galaxy Note. Then reboot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons together. A warning screen will appear, after which press the Volume Up button to continue to enter Download Mode
Step- 5: Launch Odin on the computer
Step- 6: Connect the Note to the computer using USB cable while it is in Download Mode. Wait for some time until Odin recognises the phone. When the device is connected successfully the ID: COM port in Odin will turn yellow. An Added message will also appear under Odin when the phone is connected
Note: If the Added message does not show, then try the USB port at the back of the computer. If that too does does not work, then try re-installing the USB driver.
Step- 7: Select these files extracted from the N7105XXDMB6 Jelly Bean folder to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the file with .tar or .tar.md5 extension
b) Click the Phone button and select the file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select the file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore steps b, c and d if such files do not exist.
Step- 8: In Odin, verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also ensure that the Re-Partition option is unchecked. Select the option only when the .pit file is being used
Step- 9: Finally, hit the Start button in Odin to begin the firmware installation. The installation process should now begin and it will take a few minutes to complete
Step- 10: Once the installation process is completed, a Pass message will appear indicating successful installation. The device will then reboot automatically. When the home screen appears, safely unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105 should now be updated with the Android 4.1.2 XXDMB6 Jelly Bean official firmware. Navigate to Settings>> About phone to verify the software version running on the device.
[Source: Samsung Update]