Among a number of Android powered devices, the international version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (with model number N7100) is the one to receive the official SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 1 ROM released by the SlimROMs team. The custom build brings Android 4.2.2 software update with lots of customised features for the Galaxy Note 2 which is currently running on the Android 4.1.2 version.
SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 1 ROM features
Full JDQ39 (Android 4.2.2) base
Replace cLock widget with Shiny new DashClock
Added slide before unlock
Bring back long press to toggle PW
MMS: Add quick emoji to text input
Phone: Set my phone number
Added Kill App/Expanded Notification shade/Toggle expanded desktop to hardware binds
Fully configurable advanced reboot toggle
Enhanced circle battery and clock
Camera: Add software HDR Mode
Calendar: Add snooze to events
Enhance T9 and search
Settings: Add forget all networks to Wi-Fi
Notification: Limit notification sounds for interval
Camera: Add animation to mode switch
Sound: Add configurable volume adjust sounds
Notification: Add custom carrier text
Enhance electron beam control
Fixes and optimisations
Batterybar UI glitch
QuickPulldown flips notification shade
Phantom QuickSettings toggle
Colour picker issues
Recents apps panel bug
Camera not animating
Colour picker in landscape
Contacts call grouping
Alarm FC on update
Notification shortcuts spacing/tablets transitions
Choppy lockscreen on Low-mem HDPI
Lockscreen browser shortcut
Longpress NavBar Home not loading recent apps
Advanced Slim Settings
Click here to know more about the SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 1 Jelly Bean ROM.
Galaxy Note 2 users who wish to manually install the SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 1 ROM on their devices may follow our step-by-step guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their devices since the aforementioned custom build works only on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Flashing the firmware on any other variant is likely to brick the device.
1) Download and install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) The Note 2 should be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
4) The device should be factory unlocked.
5) Create backup of all data of the phone.
6) Ensure that the phone battery has above 80 per cent of charge.
Steps to install SlimBean Build 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Note 2 N7100
1) Download SlimBean Build 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Note 2 to the computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect the Note 2 to the computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the phone
4) Unplug the USB cable form the phone and switch it off
5) Place the Note 2 in Recovery Mode by switching on the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up and Home button together
6) In CWM recovery, first perform a full data wipe. Then scroll down to 'Flash zip from SD card' and press the Power button to select it. Once again, press the Power button and select 'choose zip from SD card'
7) Using the Volume buttons, navigate to the Android Jelly Bean zip file saved on the SD card, select it pressing the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen
8) Repeat the procedure to install Google Apps file
9) Once the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and select 'Reboot System now' in order to reboot the device and boot up into the customised Jelly Bean ROM. This step is likely to take some time, so be patient
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 should now be updated with SlimBean build 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM. Head over to Settings>> About Phone to check the software version of the device.