Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware with build version XXCMG2 has leaked for the international Wi-Fi version of Samsung's newly released Galaxy Note 8.0 with model number GT-N5110, which runs Android 4.1.2 out of box.
Not many features are noticed in the leak but it reportedly makes the tablet quite faster and also improves battery life of the tablet. Currently there is no information on the Android 4.2.2 roll out for the Note 8.0.
Version: Android 4.2.2
CSC: N5110 OXACMG2
Build date: 5 July 2013
Those who wish to install XXCMG2 Android 4.2.2 leaked official firmware on their Note 8.0, may follow our guide.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify that their devices meet following requirements before installing the firmware.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to transfer files between the Android device and computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect the Android device with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and check the USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe all data of the tablet, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP already installed then backup data using the recovery.
4) The Galaxy Note should have above 80 per cent of battery charge.
5) The tablet should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The device will lose custom build with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, it will lose custom recovery which will be replaced by stock recovery.
7) The Note 8.0 will no longer belong to a rooted version of the device once official update is installed.
8) The XXCMG2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean leaked firmware works only on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110. Flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of the Galaxy device by selecting Settings>> About device>> Model number.
Steps to install XXCMG2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110
Steps-1: Download XXCMG2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official update for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to the computer
Steps-2: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using wizrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool to get a file with .tar.md5 extension along with few other files
Steps-3: Download Odin 3.07 which will help to install the Jelly Bean firmware on the device. Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and some other files
Steps-4: Turn off the Note 8.0 and wait for about five to six seconds for vibration to confirm complete power off
Steps-5: Now boot the Note into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Home buttons together then press the Power button until the device turns on. Now press the Volume up button to continue to enter into Download Mode
Steps-6: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an administrator (Right click on the Odin.exe file then click on Run as administrator from the menu.)
Steps-7: Connect the Galaxy Note 8.0 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected an Added will appear under Odin's message box. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number, indicating the successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not come then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. In case Odin still fails to recognise the device then re-install USB driver.
Steps-8: Now select these files extracted from N5110XXCMG2 folder to install on the device
a) Click the PDA button and select the file with .tar.md5 extension
b) Click the Phone button and select file with Modem in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (step-b, c and d) if such files are not found.
Steps-9: Ensure the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin window. But uncheck the Re-Partition option, select it only when a .pit file is being used
Steps-10: Now click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take few minutes to complete
Steps-11: When the installation process is completed, the tablet will restart automatically. And a PASS message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin indicating successful installation. Unplug the USB cable from the device to disconnect it from the computer
The XXCMG2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean leaked firmware should be now installed and running on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. To verify the new software version, navigate to Setting >> About device.
How to fix bootloop issue
If the Galaxy Note 8.0 gets at booting animation (after step-11) then go to the recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. In recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/factory reset. Now select wipe cache partition and once the action is completed, reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option. It should be noted that performing wiping task will erase the internal memory data of the device.