Samsung has already started pushing out the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software update for the international version of Galaxy S Advance. The Jelly Bean update marks a significant improvement and brings a host of new features including the new Touch-Wiz Nature user interface for the device.
Followed by the official update, Galaxy S Advance users who have rooted their handsets and lost the manufacturer's warranty can now reclaim the warranty by unrooting the phone. Below are step-by-step instructions to enable Galaxy S Advance users to unroot their phones.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Before proceeding users are advised to ensure that their devices meet the requirements below.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to connect it with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect the Android device with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) As this tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having a custom recovery such as CWM/TWRP already installed, then back up the data using the same since it creates a complete image of the existing phone set-up.
4) The Galaxy S Advance should have above 80 per cent of battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone should be rooted.
7) The stock Android firmware works only on the Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Installing this on incorrect variant is likely to brick the device. Therefore, before following the guide verify the model number of the device by navigating to Settings>> About Phone.
Steps to unroot Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 with stock firmware
1) Download appropriate stock Android firmware for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to the computer. The extract the download zip file
2) Download Odin3 v1.85 and extract the zip
3) Double click on the Odin executable file and it will launch
4) In Odin, click on the PDA button and select the extracted stock firmware file
5) Verify that the Auto Reboot and F Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin
6) As for the Re-Partition, uncheck the box
7) Switch off the Galaxy S Advance and boot the device in to Download Mode. Press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a warning screen appears. Then press the Volume Up button to continue to enter into Download Mode
8) Plug in the USB cable to the phone to connect it with the computer while it is in Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the phone and once the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM port will turn yellow
9) Double check everything and finally click the Start button in Odin to begin flashing the firmware
10) When the installation process is completed a PASS message with green background will appear indicating the installation is successful. The phone will then reboot automatically. Once the home screen appears on the phone, unplug the USB cable from the device to disconnect it from the computer
Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 is now unrooted successfully.
[Source: The Unlockr]