Galaxy S2 i9100 is among the leading Android devices to get a spate of Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) and Jelly Bean updates in recent times. UHLPV based Android 4.0.4 official firmware is the latest official firmware released for the S2 i9100 handset.
This UHLPV ROM released by Samsung over KIES is based on modem build ANCLP5 with the firmware build dated 16 August 2012. As this is not a branded firmware, it should work on any unlocked Galaxy S2 phone with no hassles.
- All the tools, mods and ROMs provided in this guide are compatible with the international version Galaxy S2 i9100 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number through Settings > About phone.
- It is necessary to install USB drivers for your Galaxy S2 handset on the computer, before proceeding with the UHLPV ROM installation steps. Download Samsung Galaxy S2 USB drivers from here.
- Enable USB debugging mode to help connect your Android phone with the PC.
- Make sure that your phone's bootloader is unlocked before attempting to install the ICS update.
- Ensure that the handset battery is charged up to 85 percent to avoid accidental battery shutdown while flashing ROMs and installing updates. If the battery goes off during the ROM installation process, then it may cause irreparable damage to your phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to backup apps, important personal data and settings (bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs and other internet settings) to avoid data loss while installing the ICS update.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using this firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
Important: As this is a official Android 4.0.4 build firmware update for Galaxy S2 i9100, you will lose root access on your phone once you install this update. You need to once again root your phone to gain full system access and reinstall root apps on it.
How to Install UHLPV Based Android 4.0.4 ICS Update on Galaxy S2 i9100
Step 1 - Download Android 4.0.4 I9100 UHLPV ROM for Galaxy S2 and extract the zip file to a desired location on your computer.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which is required to install Android 4.0.4 ICS update on Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100.
Step 3 - Power off your phone and put your phone into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons together, and then press the Power button until you see the Android robot icon with a triangle. Press Power button again to confirm entry into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Ensure that you have your Galaxy S2 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Launch ODIN on your computer and connect your phone to your computer when your phone is in Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow representing the COM port number. This procedure might take some time.
Step 7 - Now choose the files that you have to flash/install on your phone, which are found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click PDA button and choose file with 'CODE' in its name.
- Tap Phone and click file with 'MODEM' in its name. Ignore this step if such file is missing.
- Click on CSC and choose file with CSC in its name. Ignore this step if such file is absent.
- Click on PIT and tap on the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 - In ODIN, enable the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, enable it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the previous step.
Step 9 - Click start in ODIN and the installation process will begin, which may take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - Once ODIN is installed, your phone will reboot. When you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
UHLPV based Android 4.0.4 ICS update is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2. Go to Settings > About phone to confirm what build you have installed.
[Source: Team Android]