We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Galaxy S2 I9100 users can taste the latest Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ Jelly Bean firmware powered by Kernel PhilZ v3.65 stock kernel, with due credit to XDA Developers member Neme77. True to its name, the Armageddon ROM obliterates the limited Android experience and adds a plethora of features, along with developer tweaks for superior performance.
Flashing the Ink Effect Settings makes the phone display look beautiful, says the developer. This installation guide walks you through the process of successfully flashing the Armageddon ROM to your Galaxy S2 I9100.
Key Points to Note
- The Armageddon ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable to the international version Galaxy S2 I9100 model only. It will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while flashing the Android 4.1.2 based Armageddon ROM on the Galaxy S2 I9100.
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update on the Galaxy S2. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Verify that your Galaxy S2 I9100 is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) preinstalled on it. Check out our step-by-step guide to root your Galaxy S2 and install CWM Recovery.
- Make sure that your phone's battery has at least 75 percent charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the Armageddon ROM on the Galaxy S2.
- Download OlloS2 Armageddon ROM
- Download Ink Effect Settings
- Optional: Download one of the following add-ons
- Lockscreen Torch with Kill All App
- Lockscreen Torch without Kill All App
- New Themed Apps for Phone, Contact, Flashbar apks and MyFile
How to Install Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ Jelly Bean Firmware with Armageddon ROM
1. Copy Armageddon ROM and Switch InkColor Zip files to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
2. Power off your phone. Now, press and hold Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together until the device boots into CWM Recovery.
o Once in CWM Recovery Mode, use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select an option.
3. Take a NANDroid Backup of your existing ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and click Backup.
4. Do a full data wipe:
- Click Wipe Data/Factory Reset and select Yes to confirm.
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition and click Yes to confirm.
- Hit Advanced, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and click Yes.
5. Choose Install ZIP from SD card then click Choose ZIP from SD card. Now, locate and select Armageddon ROM zip file that you copied to your phone in step 1
6. Hit Go Back and click Reboot System Now to reboot your phone to ClockworkMod Recovery.
7. Repeat step 5 to flash Switch InkColor.zip.
8. Choose Go Back and tap Reboot System Now to reboot your phone.
You have now successfully installed the Armageddon ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
[Source: Android Authority]