Samsung Galaxy S2 is hogging the limelight well after completing more than a year's stint in the Android market. The S3's predecessor still commands respect from Android fans, thanks to its regular custom ROM updates from developers.
The Galaxy S2 has already received the Jelly Bean goodness through several flavours of CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) ROM. With due credit to XDA senior member ICS_XD, the latest ROM, Jelly King CM10 v1.4, hits the i9100G variant of Galaxy S2. The Jelly King ROM blends the goodness of CM10 ROM with fluid Android user experience, thanks to Jelly Bean's butter smooth interface and slick performance. The new CM10 ROM, however, offers a different set of icons and themes.
The prominent features of the ROM are listed below:
- Walkman Music Player.
- Beats Audio Modded DSP Manager
- Aroma Touch Installer.
- Gapps Pre-Installed and many more..
- The ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are compatible only with the Galaxy S2 i9100G model, and will not work with i9100 or any other S2 variant. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to backup apps, important personal data and settings (bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs and other internet settings) to avoid data loss while performing the firmware update.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed on your device.
- Download the SuperSU Fix from here.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using this Jelly Bean update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy S2 i9100G with Jelly King Custom ROM
Step 1: Download the latest version of Jelly King custom ROM from XDA Developers official thread (Download here).
Step 2: Without extracting, copy the downloaded zip files in step 1 and prerequisites to the internal SD card on the phone.
Step 3: Power off the phone and boot into Recovery mode through a button sequence. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons till the Galaxy S2 logo pops up on the screen. You will soon boot into CWM recovery. (In recovery, use Volume keys to navigate through the options and power key to select an option. Use back key to go back.)
Step 4: Take a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM, which helps you to restore your original ROM if something goes wrong with this ROM. To do a backup, choose Backup and Restore and on the next screen, hit Backup again. Return to main recovery menu once backup is done.
Step 5: Perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
Step 6: Perform Wipe Cache Partition.
Step 7: Navigate to advanced and perform Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Step 8: Now tap install zip from sdcard, then hit choose zip from sdcard. Browse and select the ROM file on the sdcard. Confirm installation by clicking Yes on the next screen. The ROM will begin installing.
Step 9: Once the ROM is installed, choose install zip from sdcard again and now flash the SuperSU Fix file that you downloaded in prerequisites.
Step 10: After the SuperSU fix is installed, go back and hit reboot system now to reboot your phone.
NOTE: The first boot after the new ROM installation is usually time consuming. So, leave it alone until it fully boots to the desktop.
CM10 based Jelly King ROM is now successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100G.
[Source: The Android Soul]