A few days before Samsung released the latest KitKat software for the GT-I9305N variant of Galaxy S3. A similar update is making its way through the international LTE Galaxy S3 (I9305) model.
Based on Android 4.4.4, the update comes with build number I9305XXUFNI3, which should be available via Samsung Kies and OTA update.
The I9305XXUFNI3 firmware is now live for users in Germany. Those who are outside Germany can also get the update by following the manual installation method below which uses Odin flash tool.
Note that the I9305XXUFNI3 build is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed on any unlocked GT-I9305 unit, irrespective of country and region.
Model name: Galaxy S3
Version: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
Build date: 12 September
Product code: DBT
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap. Before flashing the stock firmware users are advised to verify their devices meet the following requirements.
- Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> About phone. Tap on Build Number several times until a message appears saying 'You are now a Developer.' Now go to Settings>> Developer Options to enable USB Debugging Mode.]
- As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device has any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP then back up data using the same.
- If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery during the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S3 should have above 80% battery charge.
- The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
- The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
- I9305XXUFNI3 Android 4.4.4 stock firmware works only with Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings>> About device>> Model number.
How to install I9305XXUFNI3 Android 4.4.4 on Galaxy S3 LTE (GT-I9305)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with a few other files, which are optional
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with a few other files
Step-3: Switch off Galaxy S3
Step-4: Enter Download Mode. To do so press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together until a construction Android robot and a triangle appear on the screen. Press the Power button again to confirm to enter into Download mode
Note: Ensure that you have installed Galaxy S3 USB Drivers installed on the computer.
Step-5: Launch Odinas Administrator on the computer
Step-6: Connect the Galaxy S3 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure Re-Partition checkbox is not checked
Step-9: Verify everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. After the home screen appears on the phone, disconnect the phone from the computer
The Galaxy S3 LTE should now be updated with new I9305XXUFNI3 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware.
[Source: Team Android]