Galaxy S5 users in Poland are in for some great news, as Samsung has rolled out yet another Android 5.0 Lollipop update with build number XXU1BNL7 for the European variant of Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F).
The new Lollipop update reportedly brings stability and performance improvements over its previous release, Android 5.0 G900FXXU1BNL2, which was rolled out just a couple of weeks ago in Poland and other European countries in phases.
The new G900FXXU1BNL7 firmware is now available for download via over-the-air (OTA) update as well as through Samsung KIES.
However, those who missed the OTA update notification or cannot install the firmware via KIES, can go ahead and update the same manually, using the step-step guide provided below.
Alternatively, check for OTA updates manually by going to Settings > System > About Device > Software update and tap the Update button.
G900FXXU1BNL7 Android 5.0 Firmware Details
Model name: GALAXY S5
Version: Android 5.0
Build date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 05:12:37 +0000
Product Code: XEO
IBTimes UK reminds readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after the Android 5.0 firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
1. Install necessary USB Drivers for Galaxy S5 (LTE) SM-G900F on the computer.
2. USB Debugging Mode should be enabled on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Back up your important data to avoid potential data loss during firmware installation.
4. Ensure the phone is factory unlocked (not locked to any specific carrier).
5. Verify Galaxy S5 LTE has at least 80 percent battery charge.
6. The Android 5.0 G900FXXU1BNL7 firmware is compatible with Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) only. Do not attempt installing it on incorrect variants as it may brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy S5 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
Steps to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop Build XXU1BNL7 on Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
Step 1 - Download Android 5.0 G900FXXU1BNL7 for Galaxy S5 to computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v3.09 which is needed to install Android 5.0 on Galaxy S5 G900F.
Step 3 - Power OFF the phone and boot it into Download Mode. Press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons together, and then tap Power button till the construction Android robot icon with a triangle appears on screen. Hit Power again to confirm entry into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on computer and connect your phone to it while your phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 5 - When the phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes turns yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This process might take some time, so leave the device connected to the computer.
Step 6 - Choose the files that need to be flashed or installed on your phone, which can be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on AP button and choose the file named AP.
- Tap CP button and select the file named MODEM.
- Hit CSC and select file named CSC.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file.
- Tap BL button and select file named 'BL'. Ignore the last four steps, if the files do not exist.
If you are using an older version of ODIN for flashing the firmware then check out the abbreviations to the old name format. Do note that only file name changes, the functionality and back end process remains the same.
- AP = PDA
- BL = Boot Loader
- CP = Modem
Step 7 - In ODIN, select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, Re-Partition option must be checked ONLY if you chose a .PIT file in the previous step.
Step 8 - Click Start button in ODIN and the installation process will begin. It may take just a few minutes to complete.
Step 9 - Once the installation is done, your phone will reboot. When the homescreen boots-up, disconnect your phone from the computer.
Your Galaxy S5 is now successfully updated to Android 5.0 build XXU1BNL7 official firmware. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware installed.