Even though the developer community is busy releasing custom ROMs featuring the latest Jelly Bean software, the CyanogenMod ROM remains the most popular.
The CyanogenMod team has now released CyanogenMod10.1 (CM10.1) Milestone 3 (M3) nightly builds for 30 Android devices including the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 and P3110. The custom release is the third build of Milestone based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Like the previous versions, the new CM10.1 M3 Jelly Bean ROM also bundles a host of new features and customisation options.
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users who wish to update their tablets to Android 4.2.2 using the CM10.1 M3 may follow our step-by-step guide below. Users may come across some minor bug issues since these are nightly builds.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any mishap. Before proceeding users are advised to ensure that their tablets meet the following requirements.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to connect it with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the tablet to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) The tutorial may wipe out all data of the device. Therefore, create a backup of all data. If the tablet is having a custom recovery such as CWM/TWRP installed, then back up the data using the same since it creates a complete image of the existing tablet set-up.
4) The Galaxy Tab should have above 80 per cent battery charge.
5) The tablet should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The device should be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
7) The CM10.1 M3 Jelly Bean ROMs work only on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 and P3100. Applying these to incorrect variants might brick the device. Verify the model number of the device by navigating to Settings>> About tablet and install ROM accordingly.
Steps to install CM10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110/P3100
1) Download CM10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to the computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Plug in the USB cable to the Galaxy tablet to connect it with the computer. Then copy both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the tablet. Ensure that the files are in the SD card root but not in any folder
4) Unplug the USB cable from the tablet and then turn it off
5) Boot the device in to Recovery Mode by turning the device on while pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together
6) In CWM Recovery Mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/factory reset
7) Perform a cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition
8) From CWM recovery browse to advance and then select wipe dalvik cache. This step is optional but users are recommended to perform a dalvik cache wipe so that the device will not get into boot loops or any other errors
9) After the action is completed return to the main recovery menu and select install zip from sdcard
10) Select choose zip from sdcard. Using the Volume keys navigate to the Jelly Bean ROM zip file which was earlier copied to the SD card. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen. The installation procedure should start now
11) Once the ROM is installed, repeat the procedure to install the Google Apps package on the tablet
12) When the installation procedure is completed, go to +++++ Go Back +++++ and reboot the tablet by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu. The tablet will boot now and it might take about five minutes to boot for the first time
When the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100/P3110 boots up successfully it should be update with CM10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM. Navigate to Settings>> About tablet to verify the software version running on the device.
[Source: Team Android]