Among Android devices, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with model number P3113 (Wi-Fi only version) is the one to receive the CyanogenMod team's latest custom firmware, CyanogemMod 10.1-M2. CM10.1 M2 is based on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and is said to be a stable release with several customised features. However, the team cautions that users may encounter bug issues since these are nightly builds.
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users who wish to taste the Android 4.2.2 software using the CM10.1-M2 Jelly Bean ROM ahead of the official release may follow our step-by-step instruction guide below.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the tablet. Users are advised to verify the model number of their tablets since the Jelly Bean ROM works only on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113; applying this on any other variant may brick the device.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the tablet which will allow to connect the device with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) The tablet should be factory unlocked.
4) The tutorial is likely to wipe all the data of the tablet, therefore, create back-up for the same.
5) Ensure that the battery of the tablet is charged above 80 per cent.
6) The Galaxy tablet should be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
7) Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
Steps to install CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113
1) Download CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113 to the computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect the Galaxy tablet to the computer using USB cable. Then copy the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the device
4) Disconnect the tablet from the computer and switch it off
5) Enter Recovery Mode by turning on the tablet while pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together
6) In CWM Recovery, first perform a complete data wiping task. Then scroll down to 'Flash zip from SD card' and press the Power button to select it. Then select 'Choose zip from SD card' once again using the Power button
7) Using the Volume keys navigate to the Jelly Bean ROM zip file which is being copied to the SD card. Select it by pressing the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen. The installation procedure should start now
8) After the ROM is installed, follow the same steps to install the Google Apps zip file
9) Once the installation process is completed, go to "+++++Go Back" and reboot the tablet by selecting 'reboot system now' from the recovery menu. The tablet is likely to take about five minutes to boot for the first time
After the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113 boots up successfully, it should be updated with CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM. Navigate to Settings>> About Tablet to verify the software version of the device.
Click here for step-by-step guide to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100/P3110/P3113 using CF-Auto-Root.
[Source: Team Android]