We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
As promised, Samsung has finally released the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software update, with base firmware XXMC3, for the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus with model number P6200. The tablet was first shipped with Android Honeycomb and was upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich software in July last year. Users can grab the update through Samsung Kies.
The XXMC3 Jelly Bean update is currently available for the Galaxy Tab users in Austria and is expected to roll out to the other regions soon. The XXMC3 Jelly Bean is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed on any Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Build date: 25 March, 2013
Galaxy Tab users, who cannot wait for the official update to reach their regions and wish to upgrade their tablets with the latest official release, may follow our step-by-step guide below.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Before proceeding users are advised to ensure that their tablets meet the requirements below.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus to connect it with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the tablet to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Create back-up for all the data of the tablet. If the device is having a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod/TWRP installed, then backup the data using the same since it creates a complete image of the existing tablet set up.
4) The tablet should have above 80 per cent of charge.
5) The Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The device will no longer be a rooted version with the installation of the official firmware.
7) Android 4.1.2 XXMC3 Jelly Bean works only with Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200; installing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of the device by navigating to Settings >> About tablet.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXMC3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200
1) Download Android 4.1.2 P6200XXMC3 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus to the computer and extract the zip file
2) Download Odin v1.85 which will help to install Jelly Bean firmware on the tablet
3) Power off the tablet and boot into Download Mode. To do so, turn on the tablet while pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power buttons together until the Samsung logo or the construction Android robot and a triangle appears on the screen. This is Download Mode
4) Open Odin on the computer
5) Plug in the USB cable to the Galaxy tablet to connect it with computer while it is in the Download Mode. If the tablet is connected successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time
6) Now select these files, which are extracted from the P6200XXMC3 folder, to install on the tablet
a) Click on 'PDA' and select the file with 'CODE' in its name
b) Click on 'Tablet' and select file with 'MODEM' in its name
c) Click on 'CSC' and select file with 'CSC' in its name
d) Click on 'PIT' and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps in case such files are found.
7) Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F Reset Time options are selected in Odin. As for the Re-Partition, select it in case a .pit file is being used
8) Double check everything and click the 'Start' button in Odin. The installation process will begin now and would take about a few minutes to complete
9) Once the installation process is completed, the tablet will restart automatically. After the home screen is seen on the device, safely unplug the USB cable from the from the tablet to disconnect it from the computer
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 is now update and running on Android 4.1.2 XXMC3 Jelly Bean official firmware. Go to Settings>> About tablet to verify the software version of the device.
Click here for step-by-step guide to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and Install CWM recovery.
[Source: Team Android]