An unofficial Android Jelly Bean custom ROM - AOKP Milestone 1 - for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200 and P6210) has been released. The XDA developer JeduRocks, has based the ROM on Android 4.1.1 (build number JR003R) and offers customised features not found in official firmware; check out the development page for more information.
Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus users looking to update to the AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean ROM may follow this tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be responsible for any damage to the device during this procedure. We also warn users to ensure appropriate ROM files are installed; incorrect installation can brick the device.
- Ensure download and installation of appropriate USB drivers and enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure all data is backed-up
- Ensure device has ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery installed
- Ensure device is factory unlocked
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
To Install AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200/P6210)
- Download Milestone 1 custom ROM (Links: GT-P6200 / GT-P6210)
- Download Google apps package
- Connect device to computer with USB cable and copy downloaded files to SD card
- Switch tablet off and re-start in CWM Recovery (to do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power and when device turns on, release Power while holding Volume Up until Recovery mode boots)
- In Recovery, perform a Nandroid backup of existing ROM (to do so, select Backup and Restore > Backup)
- In Recovery, perform a data wipe by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes
- Navigate to Mounts and Storage, select Format/System and wait till action is completed
- Use Power to select Install Zip from SD Card, then Choose Zip from SD Card, locate downloaded ROM file and confirm installation
- After installation, repeat procedure to flash Google apps package
- After installation, return to main Recovery menu and select Reboot System Now
The AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom ROM has now been installed on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200/P6210). Browse to Settings > About Tablet to verify software version on device.
[Source: Android Authority]