Samsung has started rolling out its latest official firmware, Android 4.3 XXUBMJ1, for both Exynos and Snapdragon variants of Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005. The firmware is currently available for download as an Over-The-Air (OTA) update as well as via Samsung KIES in select countries including France and Russia.
However, those who missed the OTA update notification and those who cannot wait for its official release in their country can still download and install the same manually, using this guide.
Android 4.3 XXUBMJ1 Firmware Details
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Oct 1, 2013
Regions: United Kingdom
- Android 4.3 XXUBMJ1 Jelly Bean Firmware for Galaxy Note 3 N9005
- The Android 4.3 N9005XXUBMJ1 official firmware and instructions provided in this guide are limited to the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 model. Do not attempt installing this firmware on any other device, as it may permanently damage or brick the device. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the device model number.
- Ensure the correct USB drivers are installed for the phone on computer (download Galaxy Note 3 USB drivers)
- Disable Samsung KIES as well as any security software installed on the computer.
- Back up important data and settings on the phone to avoid data loss during firmware installation.
- Ensure the device has at least 80% battery charge before you proceed.
How to Update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 with Android 4.3 XXUBMJ1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract the official firmware zip file via winrar or 7zip or winzip to obtain a .tar.md5 file and some other files.
Step 2: Extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
Step 3: Turn off the device and boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Then tap Volume Up button to progress into Download Mode.
Step 5: Run Odin on computer as Administrator.
Step 6: Connect the phone to computer via USB cable while it is still in Download Mode. Wait until Odin recognises the device and when the device connects successfully, the ID: COM box will turn light blue with the corresponding COM port number.
Step 7: Select the following files in Odin from extracted N9005XXUBMJ1 firmware folder:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file.
Step 8: In Odin, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Also, ensure the Re-Partition checkbox is not selected.
Step 9: Verify that Step 7 and Step 8 are done correctly. Then hit the Start button to begin firmware installation.
Step 10: After the firmware installation is done, your phone will reboot and soon a PASS message with green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin. You can now safely unplug the USB cable to disconnect the phone from computer.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 is now running on the official Android 4.3 XXUBMJ1 Jelly Bean firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the software version installed.
Note: If Galaxy Note 3 N9005 is stuck at boot animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition before choosing reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select an option. Please note that performing data wipe task will erase the device's internal memory and not external SD card data.
[Source: Honai of Android]