We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Galaxy S Advance I9070 users finally receive the latest official Jelly Bean update from Samsung via Android 4.1.2 XXLPY official firmware. Although the firmware is presently available as Over-The-Air (OTA) update as well as over Samsung KIES for Russian users, the non-Russian users can now download and install the same manually using this guide. The firmware ports samsung's new TouchWiz Nature UI and offers a host of latest Jelly Bean features onboard.
NOTE: The installation of this firmware requires the use of stock recovery and the phone's original USB cable. Android 4.1.2 XXLPY is a leaked and deodexed official Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy S phone. IBTimes UK will not be liable for issues arising out of using this firmware including damages to the device. Users must proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure that the phone has at least 400MB of free space on its internal SD card (not an external SD or micro SD). Otherwise, the device may get soft-bricked.
- Verify that correct USB drivers are installed for Galaxy S Advance on the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 USB drivers.
- Ensure data backup. Avoid using Samsung KIES or ROM manager for data backup, as it may brick your device permanently.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if device is running Android 4.0 or later). Otherwise, go to Settings > Applications > Development (if phone is running Android 2.3 or earlier) and enable the USB Debugging option.
- Ensure that the phone is unlocked and rooted with CWM recovery installed on it
- Ensure 85 percent battery power
Key Points to Remember
- The leaked XXLPY official Jelly Bean firmware and the instructions given in this guide are compatible with the Galaxy S Advance I9070 model only. It will not work on any other device. Verify device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Do a Dalvik Cache Wipe before continuing from Recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES may not recognise the device after installing Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean firmware.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy S Advance I9070
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy S Advance to the PC and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Switch off the device and connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
Step 3 - Boot the phone into Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together until the phone powers on and reboots.
Step 4 - Once in recovery mode, leave the phone alone. Now, go to the computer and run deodex_recovery.bat from the files extracted in Step 1.
Step 5 - Do not disconnect the phone's USB cable. Wait for the ROM installation process to finish.
Step 6 - Once the ROM is installed, the phone will reboot and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete.
Galaxy S Advance I9070 is now successfully updated to Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]