The much-awaited first stable build of PACman 4.2 ROM is finally ready for public release, and Galaxy S2 I9100G users can now install a bloatware free and rock stable ROM, with due credit to the industrious efforts of XDA Recognised Contributor, iXanza.
PACman 4.2 ROM is the first of its kind with a single hybrid framework comprising top custom features taken from CyanogenMod 10.1, AOKP and AOSPA. The latest build also brings several bug-fixes and feature enhancements in a highly stable release for superior user-interface (UI) performance.
Here is the complete list of features supported on the newly released PACman v22.1 ROM:
- Hybrid Framework
- AOKP MR1
- AOSPA 3.15
- Per App DPI
- Per App Color
- Pie Controls
- Open Source Camera HAL
- Hardware Key Control
- Any Widget on lockscreen
- CM Profiles
- Lock Screen Shortcuts
- Lock Screen ring target
- Fresh compiled CM10.1 kernel
- Init.d Support
Key Points to Note
- The PACman Nightly ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable to theGalaxy S2 I9100Gmodel only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that thecorrect USB drivers are installed for Galaxy Note 2 on computer (download USB drivers here).
- Back up important data and settings on the phone to avoid data loss during ROM installation.
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if the device is running Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings > Applications > Development (if the phone is running Android 2.3 or earlier). Otherwise if the device is running Android 4.2, then do the following steps:
- Go to Settings > About Phone
- Scroll down to the bottom of screen and select Build Number
- Tap the Build Number for seven times to unlock or reveal Developer Options under Settings. Now, select the checkbox to enable USB Debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that the phone has at least 85 percent battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) during firmware installation.
- Ensure that the device is factory unlockedandrooted with ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed on it.
- Perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache before continuing from Recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will not recognise your phone after installing the PACman ROM, as it is a custom release.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only.IBTimes UK will not be held liable if the device is damaged or bricked during or after ROM installation. Users must proceed at their own risk.
How to Update Galaxy S2 I9100G to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean via PACman v22.1 ROM
Step 2 - Connect and mount the Galaxy Note 2 USB mass storage on computer with the USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the downloaded PACman ROM and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off the phone and disconnect its USB cable from computer.
Step 5 - Boot the device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power button together.
Step 6 - In CWM recovery, do a full data wipe first. Then navigate to Flash zip from SD card option and hit Power button to choose it.
Step 7 - Tap the Power button again and click Choose zip from SD card.
Step 8 - Use volume keys to navigate to PACman ROM zip file that you copied earlier to your phone's SD card and choose it by tapping the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation process will begin.
NOTE: Repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 9 - Once both the ROM and Google Apps are installed, hit Go Back and click Reboot System now in the recovery menu. The phone will reboot and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete. So, do not interrupt the process.
Galaxy S2 I9100G is now successfully updated to Android 4.2.2 PACman Jelly Bean ROM. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: XDA Developers]