The Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100) is compatible with the JellyBam custom ROM (based on Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)), which offers Android 4.2 features. The upgrade, developed by senior XDA member iGio90, incorporates features from the AOKP, CM10 and Paranoid Android ROMs.
Galaxy S2 users looking to update to the JellyBam ROM may follow this guide. IBTimes UK reminds readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. This guide is for the Galaxy S2 (I9100) only.
- Install USB drivers and enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Ensure device is rooted and ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery is installed
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
To Install JellyBam Android 4.1.2 ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100
- Download JellyBam Android 4.1.2 ROM
- Connect device to computer with USB cable and copy downloaded file to SD card
- Disconnect from computer and switch off device
- Start device in Recovery mode (to do so, press Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until screen lights on)
- Perform Nandroid back-up of existing ROM by selecting Backup and Restore and then choosing the Backup option. Return to main Recovery menu after action is completed
- Now perform a data wipe by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then return to main menu after action is completed
- Now browse to Install Zip from SD Card and select option. Next select Choose Zip from SD Card and locate downloaded file. Select with Power button and confirm installation
- After installation, return to main Recovery menu and select Reboot System Now (this may take a few minutes)
- Note: To return to previous ROM, boot into Recovery, select Backup and Restore and restore ROM by selecting from the list
JellyBam ROM, based on Android 4.1.2, is now installed on the Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100). This can be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Android Jinn]