Among several Android running devices, Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is the one to receive official SlimBean Build 2 custom firmware released by SlimROMs team. The SlimBean Build 2 updates the devices from Android 4.1.2 to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. In addition to that, it brings an array of new customised features and bug fixes.
SlimBean Build 2 features
TheRealDarkSlim Toggle (Initial)
Shiny new SlimSizer
Renamed SlimOTA to SlimCenter
SlimFilemanager added to root functionality
Extended QuickSettings style options
New Notification/Lockscreen Shortcut icons
Configurable QS long press
Update DashClock to latest versions
Configurable Notification behavior
NFC Polling Mode (AOKP)
LckscreenPattern: Toggle dots/error pattern visibility (From CM)
Added Power/Camera to Lockscreen long press button actions
Add USB Tether tile
Add LTE tile
Advanced low battery indicator options
Return to call log after call
Mark dismissed call as missed
Automatic keyboard rotation feature
Full screen toggle added to browser menu
Add signature to Messaging
Customised charging battery colour
Added more scenes and focus modes to camera
Added exposure and jpeg quality to video came
Device specific features
I9100G: Fast charge support
N7100: S-Pen power saving mode
OneX: new features
Mako: Updated prebuilt kernel
Manta: Updated binaries
Tuna: Updated binaries
NavBar back/menu firing after long press actions
NavBar 'kill app' action killing system apps and crashing system
A2DP streaming sound quality fixes
HighEndFX properly hidden on devices with native support
HTML5 audio playback
BT tethering label
D2: Long press timing issue causing short press to act as long
D2: Fix routing for BT voice dial feature
I9100: Low headphones sound issue fixed
I9100: Fixed pinch to zoom camera
Toro plus: Fixed GPS
Head over to the source page to learn more about known issues and new apps about the ROM.
Galaxy S2 users, who wish to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on their devices using SlimBean 2 Jelly Bean custom ROM, may follow our step-by-step guide below. This aforementioned custom ROM is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100; applying this on any other variant might brick the device.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device, therefore, proceed at your own risk.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the tablet, which will allow to connect the device with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) The Galaxy S2 should be rooted and have ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
4) Make back-up for all the data of the phone.
5) The battery of the device should have charge above 80 per cent.
6) In case the device gets stuck or experience boot loop then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache few more times before rebooting the device.
Steps to install SlimBean Build 2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
1) Download SlimBean Build 2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100 to the computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the device
4) Disconnect the phone from the computer and turn it off
5) Place the device into Recovery Mode by turning on the device while pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
6) In CWM Recovery, perform a full data wiping first. After the action is completed, scroll down to 'flash zip from sdcard,' using the Volume keys. Then press the Power button to select it
7) Select 'choose zip from sdcard' using the Power button then locate the Jelly Bean zip files which is copied to the SD card. Press the Power button to select it and confirm installation on the next screen
8) After the ROM is installed, repeat the same procedure to install the Google Apps package
9) Once the installation process is completed, go to "+++++Go Back+++++" and select 'reboot system now' from the recovery menu to reboot the phone
As the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 boots up successfully, it should be running on customised SlimBean Build 2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM. Navigate to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version of the device.