We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
The Android 4.1.2 XWLSE Jelly Bean official firmware has been recently released for the international version of Galaxy S2 with model number I9100. The XWLSE Jelly Bean is an unbranded version of firmware, which bundles bug fixes as well as feature enhancements along with.
Galaxy S2 users, who have already upgraded their devices with Android 4.1.2 XWLSE Jelly Bean firmware, may follow our step-by-step instruction guide below to root the same. The tutorial uses Siyah Kernel for rooting the phone and automatically installs ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised that the root method works only with Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 running on Android 4.1.2 XWLSE Jelly Bean firmware and flashing this on any other variants is likely to brick the device.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 on the computer.
2) Enable the USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Create back-up for all the data of the phone.
4) The battery of the Galaxy S2 should have more than 80 per cent of charge.
5) The phone should be factory unlocked.
6) Rooting the device will void manufacturer's warranty.
Steps to root Galaxy S2 I9100 on Android 4.1.2 XWLSE Jelly Bean
1) Download root kernel I9100XWLSE for Galaxy S2 to the computer
2) Download Odin v1.85 which will help to root Android 4.1.2 firmware
3) Turn off the phone and boot into Download Mode. Press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot and a triangle appears. Press the Power button again to confirm enter into Download Mode
4) Open Odin on the computer
5) Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. When the phone is successfully connected to the computer, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step may take some time
6) In Odin, click on PDA and select the 'Siyah-s2-v2.0b4.tar'
7) Ensure the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected in Odin
8) Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation. The process will take about a few minutes to complete
9) Once the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. After the Home screen arrives, safely unplug the USB cable from the phone
Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 running on Android 4.1.2 XWLSE Jelly Bean official firmware is now successfully rooted. Check with the SuperSU app in the app list. To ensure the above root method is installed and working properly, verify with Root Checker app, available at Google Play Store.
[Source: Team Android]