We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
The latest Jelly Bean official firmware update, Android 4.1.1 XXCLL3, is now available for download to Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 users via Over-The-Air (OTA) update, as well as manual download using this guide. Users who do not want to wait any further for official update can install this firmware manually without rooting or installing ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on their device. The installation of XXCLL3 official Jelly Bean firmware requires the use of flash tool like ODIN. This firmware works in the UK and a few other select European countries.
Android 4.1.1 XXCLL3 Official Firmware Details
Regions Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Key Points to Note
- The XXCLL3 official Jelly Bean firmware and instructions given in this guide are applicable to Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Tablet.
- Users are advised to back up important data and settings on their tablet to avoid data loss while installing the Android 4.1.1 XXCLL3 official firmware. It is recommended that you back up data using custom recovery tools such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP recovery. Avoid using Samsung KIES or ROM manager for data-backup, as it may permanently damage or brick your device.
- This firmware is a completely unbranded firmware and hence works on any factory unlocked or manually unlocked Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110, irrespective of your device carrier.
- As the XXCLL3 firmware is an official release, you will lose root access to the device soon after installing the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update. You need to root your device once again to regain full system access and be able to install root-based apps or custom ROMs.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of installing the firmware. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for your Galaxy Tab 2 on the computer. Download Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 USB drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your tablet by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if the device is running Android 4.0 or later). Else go to Settings > Applications > Development (if the tablet is running Android 2.3 or earlier).
- Make sure that your tablet has at least 85 percent battery power to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the XXCLL3 official Jelly Bean firmware.
- Ensure that your device is factory unlocked or its bootloader is manually unlocked before proceeding with firmware installation.
- Download Android 4.1.1 XXCLL3 official firmware for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download ODIN v1.85 which is needed to install the Android 4.1.1 firmware on your tablet.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with XXCLL3 Official Firmware
Step 1 - Power off your phone and boot into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot icon with a triangle appears on screen. Hit Power button again to confirm entry into Download Mode.
Step 2 - Launch ODIN on your computer and connect your phone to it while your phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 3 - If your phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This process may be time-consuming. So, do not interrupt the process.
Step 4 - Choose the files that need to be flashed or installed on your tablet, which can be found among the extracted files (check pre-requisites).
- Click 'PDA' button and choose file named 'CODE'.
- Tap 'Phone' button and choose file named 'MODEM'. Ignore this step if such file is missing.
- Hit 'CSC' button and click file named 'CSC'. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click 'PIT' button and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if such file is absent.
Step 5 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options (by selecting the checkboxes). But, Re-Partition option should be checked ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the previous step.
Step 6 - Hit Start button in ODIN and firmware installation process will begin. It will take just a few minutes to complete.
Step 7 - Once the firmware is installed, your phone will reboot. When you see the home screen, disconnect your phone from the computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is now successfully updated to Android 4.1.1 XXCLL3 official firmware update. Go to Settings > About Tablet to verify the firmware version installed.
Check out our step-by-step guide to Root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 on Android 4.1.1 XXCLL3 official Jelly Bean Firmware.
[Source: Team Android]