Singer George Michael is back... and he claims he is "fighting fit"!
Michael is all set to resume his "Symphonica" tour, which was halted because he had to be treated for pneumonia; indeed, his condition over the last few months was reportedly very severe.
Apparently Michael fell unconscious just a few hours before he was supposed to perform in Vienna. At the time, he had completed 46 of the 65 tour dates planned.
The singer has officially thanked his doctors for getting him back on his feet.
"I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you first to the doctors and nurses who saved my life and took such great care of me and to all my fans, family and friends for their love and support. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone," Michael was quoted as saying by the Daily Mail.
The Mirror reports the tickets of cancelled performances will be valid for the rescheduled dates.
NME has published a revised list of tour dates, starting from September 2012...
- Birmingham LG Arena (16 and 17 September)
- Manchester Evening News Arena (21 September and 9 October)
- Glasgow SECC (23 and 24 September)
- London Royal Albert Hall (29 September)
- Sheffield Motorpoint Arena (1 October)
- Newcastle Metro Radio Arena (3 October)
- Cardiff Motorpoint Arena (5 and 6 October)
- Liverpool Echo Arena (9 October)
- London Earls Court (13, 14 and 17 October)