Google has updated its official Gmail app for Android, which now offers a plethora of new features and enhancements.
- Unified email experience: Check and send emails from Yahoo Mail, Outlook.com and other email accounts from the Gmail app.
- Improved tablet layout: This allows users to switch between inbox categories and accounts more efficiently.
- Additional enhancements like hiding sensitive lockscreen notifications, applicable to users of the relatively newer Android Lollipop operating platform.
- New user interface (UI) that promises a comparatively more intuitive user experience.
- Tapping on people's avatars now lets you see recent conversations, contact info, and more.
- Support for non-Gmail addresses (IMAP) is now reliable and more accounts can be added conveniently.
Apart from the above features, the new Gmail app provides the following features to Android users:
- Manage multiple accounts.
- View and save attachments.
- Set-up label notifications.
Users can download the updated Gmail app from the official Google Play Store.
Recently, Gmail for Android was given the Android Lollipop-like Material Design makeover. After updating the Gmail app, users will notice bigger images, bolder colours and an overall better experience.