The controversial investment banking group Goldman Sachs is in the limelight again, following Greg Smith's well-publicised resignation letter.
The resignation letter from executive director Smith, which was published in The New York Times, described the apparent "toxic" and "destructive" atmosphere at the company, without attempting to disabuse the public of the notion of greedy bankers who only care about money.
In his letter, Smith expresses his disgust at how the company values making money over helping its clients, even mentioning the time when managing directors referred to them as "muppets".
The letter was a brief glimpse into the world of the investment banker, a universe the public has already decided is one of greedy, obnoxious males obsessed with excess and as sexist as they are rich.
Indeed, the Twitter account GS Elevator (@GSElevator) has either parodied perfectly, or exposed in all its horrible truth.
Since joining the social network site in August 2011, @GSElevator has gathered more than 219,000 followers by tweeting conversations overheard between Goldman Sachs employees in the lifts of the company's buildings.
The account is similar to Conde Elevator (@CondeElevator), which tweets the contents of absurd conversations heard in the lifts of the building where magazines like Vogue are produced.
It is not yet known how genuine the tweets are, as they come from an anonymous source. Even if they are not real, the account has got the investment bank worried, which could suggest that they are a little close to the bone.
Here are a list of the top 10 funniest/most depressing tweets from the account:
1) If people never trust a skinny chef, they shouldn't want their bankers to be poor.
2) Every guy I know has paid for sex. One way or the other.
3) Groupon... Food stamps for the middle class.
4) Why should I respect poor people? We live in a world that rewards achievement.
5) Asian girlfriends are just whores who get paid in Louis Vuitton.
6) Obama wants to raise taxes on people making $250k a year. #2 (laughs): Why is he raising taxes on the poor?
7) I never give money to homeless people. I can't reward failure in good conscience.
8) Whenever I see a black guy with my last name, I can't help but wonder if my family used to own his.
9) We're all God's children. Some of us just deserve a higher allowance.
10) Some chick asked me what I would do with 10 million bucks. I told her I'd wonder where the rest of my money went.