Users of Apple's iOS platform can now download an updated version of Google Maps for respective iPhone and iOS devices, and the update is available for download via iTunes.
Google Maps 4.4.0 for iOS comes with a host of new features:
- Users can view a full-screen map by tapping an empty spot on the map
- Ability to see transit line colours on the map when users get transit directions
- Filter search results for Zagat-rated restaurants (where available)
- Users can type, or tap the mic and say, "directions to" a place for faster results
- Bug fixes and performance/stability enhancements.
Apart from the above enhancements, Google Maps for iOS comes with the below mentioned latest features:
- Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
- Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
- Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
- Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
- Detailed information on more than 100 million places
- Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more.
Technical aspects of Google Maps 4.4.0 for iOS:
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 26.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
- App developer: Google, Inc.
App optimisation: Optimised for Apple iPhone and iPad.