Nexus 10 users can now rejoice since the Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) custom ROM has been released for the device, thanks to recognised developer task650 at XDA Developers' forum. The ROM comes with optimisations and useful features bringing the goodness of the official firmware.
Those looking to install the AOKP ROM on Nexus 10 can check this tutorial below. Before proceeding, ensure the bootloader is unlocked on the device. Also, ensure the ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is installed. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
Note: This ROM is compatible only with Nexus 10. Hence, do not try it on any other device.
To install AOKP ROM on Nexus 10:
- Download the latest build of the ROM from here
- Download the Google Apps as well
- Copy both downloaded files to the device and reboot into CWM recovery (to do so, turn the device off and boot into bootloader mode by holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons until the screen turns on)
- Scroll to the Recovery Mode option and select it using the power key
- Make a backup of the existing ROM by navigating to Backup and Restore > Backup. Go back to the main recovery menu after backup process
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then choose Yes to confirm the wiping
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card. Now, scroll to and select the ROM file. Once again confirm the installation
- Repeat this step to install Google Apps
- After installation, go back to main recovery menu and choose Reboot System Now to reboot the device and boot into AOKP ROM
AOKP ROM is now installed and running on your Nexus 10
[Source: The Android Soul]