Nexus S (i9020) users will be able to taste the Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) in their device with the help of Android 4.2.1 CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) Nightly ROM.
Those who wish to install the ROM in Nexus S can check this tutorial below. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if your damage or brick the device during installation.
Firmware details: Since this is a nightly build, ensure that you know after installing this update your device can get FC errors, boot loops and some other bugs. You may fix it by reinstalling the stock firmware or any other stable custom ROM.
- Make sure the ClockworkMod recovery is installed
- Make a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM
- Enable USB debugging option
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
To install Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 nightly ROM on Nexus S:
- Download Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly ROM and Google Apps on your computer
- Connect and mount the device on computer via USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card
- Switch the device off and disconnect from USB cable
- The device should enter Bootloader mode. Turn the device on while pressing the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons
- Follow the onscreen instructions and choose Bootloader and then go to Recovery
- In CMW recovery, perform data wipe. Scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card
- Select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and select the ROM file. Confirm the installation and the installation process should begin now
- Repeat the above step to install Google Apps
- Go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now
The Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly firmware should now be installed on your Nexus S.
[Source: Team Android]