Rockstar's best-selling game title of the year, Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5), has just got bigger with the release of highly-anticipated Beach Bum DLC for Xbox 360 and PS3. The GTA 5 game world gets bigger than ever with the introduction of new DLC that brings more content including new action-packed jobs, weapons, vehicles and a plethora of customisation options.
According to Rockstar Games Newswire, major paid expansions for GTA 5 are also expected to arrive in phases throughout the year, while Rockstar is poised to set the GTA Online stage on fire with more jobs lined up via Rockstar Social Club. The new Beach Bum expansion pack is available for free in GTA Online mode as well as in Story mode.
Beach Bum DLC is part of the Title Update 1.06 that also includes fixes for GTA Online bugs and exploits. Earlier, IBTimes UK report discussed the gameplay features for Beach Bum DLC in detail.
Here is a sneak peak at the release notes for 1.06 Title Update that details fixes for bugs and exploits, along with the addition of dynamic tuning for the game to improve the overall gamer experience:
1.06 Title Update (Patch) to Fix Bugs and Exploits
- Fixed an issue where the game would delete your personal Vehicle if you have another player in it when you add a Tracker and Insurance.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on the aerial view when entering GTA Online with cloud servers down and having just launched a mini-game.
- Fixed an issue where the mission 'Damaged Goods' would start even though it had previously been completed.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players couldn't claim back their personal vehicle in GTA Online.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players were able to get the Declasse Sheriff SUV into Los Santos Customs and respray it causing the menus to malfunction.
- Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances players would lose all personal vehicles after being idle kicked and unable to rejoin an online session.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally get stuck after killing a pedestrian with a golf ball.
- Corrected an exploit where players would retain their personal vehicle after selling it at Los Santos Customs mod shop by transitioning back and forth between Story Mode and Online.
- Corrected an exploit where players could keep repeatedly selling a Bati 801 to Los Santos Customs.
- Corrected an exploit where players were able to duplicate vehicles by accepting a Mission while leaving a high-end garage.t
- Corrected an exploit where a player could start a Team Deathmatch with all players on the same team.
- Players are no longer able to delete their GTA Online character while the Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable.
GTA Online Technical Support
Players who are facing technical problems after installing the 1.06 patch are free to contact support at Rockstar Games website for further assistance. Technical help is also available for queries at @Rockstar Support on Twitter.
Dynamic Tuning for GTA Online
The game developer has also added a slew of tweaks and performance enhancements through dynamic tuning for GTA Online. It includes significant changes to the Bad Sport system with sustained balancing of rewards for various job types.
Here are some noteworthy changes ported to the 1.06 Title Update:
- The Bad Sport penalty for destroying personal vehicles has been reduced significantly.
- Players will no longer receive a Bad Sport penalty when they are in a non-moving tank and other players crash a vehicle into them.
- The GTA$ and RP rewards for Races, Deathmatches and Parachuting are now based on the average time they take to complete.
- Players now receive GTA$ and RP rewards when failing a cooperative Job or being a member of the losing team during a Versus Mission, depending on how long the Job / Mission lasts.
- In Team Deathmatch, all players on a team now receive the same GTA$ and RP rewards, with the winning team getting roughly 4-5x what the losing team receives.
- Removed some instances of debris in specific Races, including the cardboard from the 'Down the Drain' Race.
- Deliveries from Pegasus have been reduced from $1,000 to $200.
- The cost of removing a wanted level by calling Lester has now been scaled based on the amount of stars you have - at a cost of $200 per star.
- Restricted cars and vehicles that have been added to player garages through exploits have been removed. This includes tanks, helicopters and police vehicles.
- The following vehicles have been added to the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website in-game: BF Dune Buggy, Canis Bodhi, Karin Rebel, Maibatsu Sanchez 2, Vapid Sadler, Vapid Sandking SWB.
- To eliminate any remaining vehicle loss issues, an additional automatic cloud save will occur when purchasing a vehicle or vehicle modification.
- Made adjustments to how the player's Strength stat is calculated.
Rockstar hints that further tuning and updating will be done for GTA Online to improve the overall gamer experience in the coming months. Discerning gamers may send their feedbacks via email to email@example.com for further changes to be implemented in future updates.