A round-up of the best cheats and tips for Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto 5.
Grand Theft Auto 5 has divided people, but for the most part it has been lauded in the press. It has also broken several sales records in the UK and around the world and therefore there will be a lot of you out there looking to get the most out of the game.
Here we list our ten favourite cheats which bring a new perspective to the game.
GTA 5 cheat codes can be entered during normal gameplay but you should note that they cannot be saved and must be entered every time. They also disable trophies/achievements for that current gameplay session.
This one is pretty self-explanatory we think. Basically if you like the Max Payne bullet-time style of combat then this is for you. Players can enter it up to four times to increase the effect of the slo-mo, but enter it a fifth time and the effect will be cancelled.
- PlayStation 3: Square, L2, R1, Left, Square, L2, Right, X
- Xbox 360: X, LT, RB, y, Left, X, LT, Right, A
What makes shooting your enemies more fun? Simple, bullets that go on fire obviously. Need we say more? I don't think so
- PlayStation 3: L1, R1, Square, R1, Left, R2, R1, Left, Square, Right, L1, L1
- Xbox 360: LB, RB, X, RB, Left, RT, RB, Left, X, Right, LB, LB
Grand Theft Auto 5 brought in the option of switching between three different characters at any time, making the narrative much more interesting and dynamic. But you know what makes it even more interesting? Playing any of these characters while drunk:
- PlayStation 3: Triangle, Right, Right, Left, Right, Square, Circle, Left
- Xbox 360: Y, Right, Right, Left, Right, X, B, Left
There isn't much worse than finding yourself plummeting to earth from an airplane only to remember that you have left your parachute at home. Not a problem in GTA 5 though with this cheat.
- PlayStation 3: Left, Right, L1, L2, R1, R2, R2, Left, Left, Right, L1
- Xbox 360: Left, Right, LB, LT, RB, RT, RT, Left, Left, Right, LB
Sick of those beautiful sunsets over Los Santos? No problem, enter the cheats below and you can change the weather conditions for the entire world. Each time you enter the code, the weather will rotate through one of three weather conditions - Thunder, Snowy and Clear.
- PlayStation 3: R2, X, L1, L1, L2, L2, L2, Square
- Xbox 360: RT, A, LB, LB, LB, LT, LT, LT, X
OK, so this is not much of a cheat but it's funny none the less. In order to make a bit of a fool of yourself, then press X to jump before pressing B while in mid-air to fall on your ass. Cue: Laughter.
Want a helicopter in a hurry? Then all you need to do is type in the codes below and hey presto, the Buzzard suddenly appears in front of you.
- PlayStation 3: Circle, Circle, L1, Circle, Circle, Circle, L1, L2, R1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle
- Xbox 360: B, B, LB, B, B, B, LB, LT, RB, Y, B, Y
A helicopter not your style? Want to travel in a bit more comfort or just want to impress a lady? Then why not use this cheat to conjure up a limo at any time?
- PlayStation 3: R2, Right, L2, Left, Left, R1, L1, Circle, Right
- Xbox 360: RT, Right, LT, Left, Left, RB, LB, B, Right
Raise Wanted Level
While this may seem a little counter-intuitive, we here at IBTimes UK like to live on the wild side, and so for those times when you are feeling a little too safe and confident, why not mix things up with this cheat to get the law ON your back?
- PlayStation 3: R1, R1, Circle, R2, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right
- Xbox 360: RB, RB, B, RT, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right
Finally a bit of fun, this cheat as you may have guessed makes the cars in GTA 5 less Gran Turismo more Gran Mother (see what we did there?)
- PlayStation 3: Triangle, R1, R1, Left, R1, L1, R2, L1
- Xbox 360: Y, RB, RB, Left, RB, LB, RT, LB