Rockstar Games' fastest selling video game of the year, the Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5), has broken several Guinness world records since its release with more than 29 million copies sold till date. The game title gets a further boost in popularity as Rockstar has officially announced the release date for both the upcoming Beach Bum DLC and the 1.06 patch for GTA Online.
According to Rockstar Games Newswire, it is officially confirmed that both the DLC and patch will release on the same day, 19 November, for both Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 gaming platforms. The Beach Bum DLC will introduce four new vehicles, two new weapons, a handful of action-packed jobs and a wide range of new apparel, hairstyle and tattoo customisation options as part of GTA Online expansion pack.
A Quartet of Rugged New Vehicles for Land and Sea
Get spoilt for choice with four new sand-and-surf-ready vehicles that are custom built for Beach Bum Races and Vehicle Deathmatches in GTA Online. Choose between BF Bifta dune buggy, the rugged Canis Kalahari off-road truck, the Bravado Paradise beach camper van and the fast and stylish Speeder speedboat.
All four vehicles will be available free of cost to your playable characters in multiplayer as well as in-game story mode. The land- based vehicles will be accessible from the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website, while the Speeder can be purchased via docktease.com on your in-game phone. However, these vehicles can only be accessed via garage property or Marina property in single-player mode.
Couple of New Weapons for Close Quarter Combat
The Beach Bum expansion pack also brings you a couple of new weapons: the compact yet lethal SNS pistol and the Broken Bottle as new melee weapon for close quarter combat (CQC). These weapons can be purchased via Ammu-nation store in GTA Online or found (free) in your character's inventory in Story Mode.
New Customisation Options for a Spunky Look
The Beach Bum DLC packs new beach-ready character customisation options including stylish board shorts, neon surfer attire, wild tribal tattoos, shaggy hair for West Coast laissez-faire vibe and more.
New Action-Packed Jobs for GTA Online
Get ready for some action-packed adventure in GTA Online with an array of new jobs introduced with the expansion pack. Check out the favourite list of jobs and their description detailed by Rockstar:
- "Grass Route II" (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- "Survival on Del Perro Pier" (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- "View of Vespucci" (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you've got skills, it's possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- "Paleto Beach" (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake 'em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- "Sundae Driving" (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
"This is just the first of many new content updates we're working on for Grand Theft Auto Online in the weeks and months ahead," said Rockstar on Newswire.
"Please stay tuned here at the Newswire for word on the forthcoming Content Creator, full on cooperative Heists, and GTA Online's take on Capture the Flag - plus info on some exciting new Story Mode updates as well."