Bradley Eames
Bradley Eames died after drinking two bottles of gin straight.Facebook

Young people are being bullied online if they 'chicken out' of a NekNomination drinking dare, according to a government report.

Health minister Jane Ellison said that anyone challenged to the extreme drinking game needed support to avoid caving in to peer pressure.

The government further advising against any involvement in the 'potentially dangerous situation.'

"Reports of the popularity of the drinking game neknomination are a matter of concern," said Ellison. "The game's encouragement of participants to outdo each other with ever more reckless stunts brings with it significant risks of alcohol-related harm including acute intoxication, alcohol poisoning, accidents and injury."

The public health minister warned of the pressures faced by young people to take part in the deadly challenge.

"There is the potential for cyber bullying of those who are seen to 'chicken out,' she said. "It has already cost lives and we would advise anyone against taking part in the game to avoid putting themselves in a potentially dangerous situation," she added.

Five people have died after taking part in the internet drinking craze which sees people dare each other to drink dangerous levels of alcohol.

Bradley Eames, 20, became the third British victim of the deadly crazy after filming himself downing nearly two pints of gin.

The incident followed the deaths of Stephen Brookes, 29, and Isaac Richardson, 20, who died after completing similar NekNomination challenges.

Public Health England has also issued advice and a warning through the FRANK drug information website aimed at young people.

"Alcohol can reduce your inhibitions so you feel more confident but sometimes the situation can get out of hand.

"Drinking sounds like fun but there is a dark side that we don't often talk about. The problem is that drinking too much alcohol on a single occasion can lead to alcohol poisoning which could put you in a coma or even kill you."

Neknominate WD40

The NekNominate craze is thought to have originated in Perth, Australia, but gone global as a result of social media.

The hashtag 'neknominate' started trending in the UK in January 2013.

The concept of the game has been described by a user on Facebook as: "Neck your drink. Nominate another. Don't break the chain, don't be a d**k. The social drinking game for social media! #neknominate. Drink Responsible."

Figures from the Office for National Statistics reveal that in 2012 a total of 8,367 deaths were linked to alcohol.

Of these 396 were the result of accidental alcohol poisoning – the fourth highest cause of drink-related deaths.

The ONS said: 'Excessive alcohol consumption in a short period of time can have short term fatal consequences.

'In fact, accidental alcohol poisoning (intoxication) was the fourth highest (396 deaths) alcohol-related cause of death in 2012, with over a third among those in their 40s.'

The ONS stated that NekNomination videos going viral online is expected to an increase in 2014.

DrinkAware Campaign
DrinkAware have urged parents to take a tough stance on drinking.DrinkAware

It has been feared that the deadly craze has reached playgrounds after a ten-year-old child was reported to have drunk a vile concoction of alcohol, Nando's sauce and mayonnaise while his friend videoed the dangerous stunt.

The FRANK website features advice about what to do if you're feelling under pressure to take part in a NekNominate dare at