OnePlus 2 owners can now easily perform a factory reset on the device, if they encounter any issues such as screen freezing or apps not responding, by booting into bootloader or fastboot mode.
OnePlus 2 users can enter bootloader or fastboot mode using hardware keys or ADB tool as follows:
Using hardware keys
- Power off the device and wait for 3 to 4 seconds after the display turns off
- Then press and hold the Power and Volume up buttons together until the boot logo appears on screen
Via ADB tool
Alternatively, you can boot your OnePlus 2 into recovery mode via ADB tool as follows:
- Install ADB and Fastboot driver.
- Launch a command window on the computer.
- Then, enable USB debugging on your OnePlus Two as follows:
- Go to Settings > About phone and tap 'Build number' 7 times or until the message: "You're now a developer!", appears on screen.
- Return to Settings and choose 'Developer options'. Locate the 'USB debugging' option and hit the toggle button to enable it. Accept the warning by tapping on OK button.
4. Connect the OnePlus 2 to your PC via USB cable. A pop-up should appear on your phone when you connect for the first time after enabling USB debugging. Choose 'Always allow from this computer' checkbox and then hit OK button.
5. Now, type in the following command and hit enter key to run it.
adb reboot bootloader
6. OnePlus 2 will now reboot into fastboot mode.
[Source: The Android Soul]