Google Earth has been an integral part of travellers worldwide for its real-time assistance with original satellite imagery depicting the streets, roads, landmarks and buildings on a map.
Now the Pro version of Google Earth is available for free download, unlike in the past wherein you had to shell out $399 for a yearly membership.
The best part of this free download is that it is absolutely legal as you get access to the free license key directly from Google's own website.
It is not yet clear if this is a limited period offer from Google. So, you need to hurry and grab this opportunity before the free download window closes.
Here is the step-by-step guide to help you in installing the latest version of Google Earth Pro (v7.1) for free:
- Navigate to the Google Earth Pro download page (click here).
- Now choose to install the latest version (v7.1), using the radio selection box on the terms and conditions page. Then hit the big blue Agree and Download button to proceed with the download.
- Once the download completes, run the Google Earth Pro setup file to install the same on your PC or Mac.
- At this moment, you will be prompted to enter your Gmail ID for Username and a license key. Just copy the free license key 'GEPFREE' from the download page and paste into the License Key field.
- Now enable automatic login option and also check or tick the selection box that reads "Enable for all users on this machine". Then hit the Login button to begin using the Google Earth Pro.
- The Pro version comes with a host of power-packed features including high-resolution printing, advanced measurements, spreadsheet imports, QuickTime HD and Windows Media movie exports from tours and more.
Although most of these features are focused at Business and Enterprise users, it comes in handy for all power-hungry users who crave for advanced functions with enhanced performance.
[Source: Redmond Pie]