The immensely popular Flappy Bird mobile game was taken down by its developer from Google Play Store on Sunday, February 9. Nevertheless, die-hard fans of the game can still continue playing this game, thanks to the availability of manually downloadable APK file.
As the game is already fully-functional with no bugs or glitches to hinder gameplay, it can be downloaded and installed without the need to update.
IBTimes UK brings you a quick step-by-step guide to install the Flappy Bird APK file manually, courtesy of The Android Soul:
Steps to Install Flappy Bird Manually Using APK v1.3
- Download Flappy Bird APK v1.3 to the computer and then copy the APK file to internal memory or external SD card on your phone or tablet.
- Go to device Settings and enable 'Installation of Apps (APKs)' option from Unknown Sources.
- If device is running Android 2.3 (and below), go to Settings > Applications > check Unknown Sources box.
- Otherwise, if device is running Android 4.0 (and above), go to Settings > Security > check Unknown Sources option.
- Open the folder where you copied the Flappy Bird_1.3apk file on your device via file manager. If file manager is not installed, try installing ES File Explorer File Manager (download here).
- Now tap the Flappy Bird APK file (Flappy Bird_1.3.apk), to start installation. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process, which should take less than a minute.
- The app must be accessible via the app drawer or from the home screen.
[Source: The Android Soul]