After issuing a series of updates for the Windows version, the TaiG team has officially released an untethered jailbreak tool compatible for Mac. Like Windows, the utility can be used on Mac to jailbreak devices running iOS 8.1.3 – 8.4.
Check out the following guide if you are looking for a method to manually install TaiG jailbreak tool v1.0.0 for Mac. Before you jump directly to the guide, ensure that your iOS device meets the following requirements listed below.
- The following guide uses TaiG jailbreak tool for Mac. If you are a Windows user, you can opt for the Windows compatible version.
- TaiG is an untethered jailbreak version.
- Do create a backup using iCloud or iTunes before you start the jailbreak process, as it could wipe out all data of your iOS device.
- If you get a warning saying Storage Almost Full, run Cydia.
- If the jailbreak process fails, turn off Wi-Fi and try again. If that does not work too, then use TaiG Pro to restore and try to jailbreak again.
- Ensure that your iOS device has 80% battery.
- TaiG jailbreak v1.0.0 supports iOS 8.1.3- iOS 8.4. Update your iOS device to iOS 8.4 with TaiG Pro before jailbreak.
- IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
How to jailbreak iOS 8.1.3- 8.4 untethered with TaiG jailbreak tool v1.0.0 for Mac
Step-2: Connect your iOS device to the PC using USB cable
Step-3: Go to Settings>> Passcode>> Enter your Passcode>> Turn Passcode off>> enter your Passcode
Step-4: Turn off Find My iPhone from Settings>> iCloud>> Find My iPhone
Step-5: Launch TaiG jailbreak application as an Administrator while your iOS device is connected to the PC. Right-click on the TaiG exe and select 'Run as Administrator' from the drop-down menu
Step-6: TaiG will take some time to detect your iOS device. It will display your device and the iOS firmware version. Uncheck 3K Assistant 2.3.0, which can be seen below Cydia
Step-7: Click Start button to jailbreak. You should see a circular progress bar. Wait patiently for the process to complete
Step-8: When the jailbreak is completed, your device will reboot automatically. A message will appear saying 'Jailbreak succeeded'. You should see the Cydia icon on your device's home screen
After the jailbreak is completed, re-enable the Passcode and Find My iPhone features.