The TaiG jailbreak developer team has finally released the public version of its 2.4.3 untethered jailbreak tool for iOS 8.4, following its recent beta rollout for the same jailbreak version a week ago.
The latest 2.4.3 version of the TaiG tool has reportedly been optimised for the most stable and user-friendly jailbreak experience till date. In other words, the latest TaiG release is an ideal choice for those who are yet to jailbreak their device on iOS 8.4, as it brings stability and compatibility fixes for issues with the previous release.
Here is the complete changelog for TaiG 2.4.3:
- Integrate the latest Cydia 1.1.23
- Optimize the process of jailbreak
It has been confirmed that the public release of TaiG 2.4.3 brings the same feature updates as its beta counterpart, which came out just a few days ago.
Although this version of TaiG jailbreak is Windows-only, it can be used on a Mac with Windows Virtual Machine or Bootcamp partition. Alternatively, you could opt for an easier way to jailbreak on Mac, using the latest PP jailbreak tool for Mac.
IBTimes UK reminds readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after the jailbreak installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Back up important data and settings on your device via iTunes before you proceed
- Ensure that you have disabled Find My iPhone, passcode lock and location services from the device's settings
- Enable Airplane mode on your iOS device
- Verify that your iOS device is recognised in iTunes on the computer before running the TaiG tool
Key points to remember
- TaiG jailbreak is an untethered jailbreak.
- TaiG 2.4.3 tool can jailbreak iOS 8.4, 8.3, 8.2 and 8.1.3.
- Back up important data and settings on your device via iCloud or iTunes including all personal information that you need. The jailbreak has been reported to be extremely stable.
- Disable any security software including anti-virus programs or firewalls temporarily as it could prevent TaiG jailbreak from connecting to the internet.
- If there is a warning of "Storage Almost Full", please run Cydia.
- If jailbreak failed, turn off WIFI and try again. If failed again, please use TaiG Pro to restore and try to jailbreak again.
Steps to jailbreak iOS 8.4 with TaiG 2.4.3 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Step 1: Download TaiG 2.4.3 for Windows, save and extract it to your computer's desktop
Step 2: Connect your device running iOS 8.4 to computer via USB cable
Step 3: Temporarily disable Passcode via Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and turn off Find my iPhone via Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone
Step 4: Launch TaiG 2.4.3 as an Administrator by right-clicking on TaiG.exe and choosing Run as administrator.
Step 5: TaiG will detect your device after some time. Once you confirm that it is showing the correct firmware version, uncheck the 3K Assistant 2.3.0 (TaiG's App Store), just below the option for Cydia 1.1.23.
Step 6: Hit the green Start button to proceed and you will see the circular progress bar.
Step 7: Once the jailbreak is complete, your device will reboot automatically. At this moment, you should see the Cydia icon on the Home screen along with the message reading 'Jailbreak Succeeded!'
Note: It is imperative to re-enable the passcode and Find My iPhone feature after successfully jailbreaking your device. In case you face any issues while jailbreaking, check out our troubleshooting steps posted here.