Apple's new iPod touch model otherwise known as iPod touch 6th Generation can be jailbroken as it runs iOS 8.4, for which both TaiG and PP teams have released compatible jailbreak tools.
iDownloadblog claims to have installed PP iOS 8.4 jailbreak for Mac on the iPod in just a few minutes without any hitch. Both TaiG and PP jailbreak utilities have been confirmed to be working fine.
Knowing that the latest iPod touch uses an even more powerful A8 processor, which Apple is using in the iPhone 6, it would be a potential iOS device to jailbreak.
Besides, Apple has just seeded the first beta of iOS 8.4.1 to registered developers, following the public release of iOS 8.4. Currently, there is no changelog, but rumour suggests it could spell an end to the jailbreak. So before Apple patches the security flaws with the upcoming update, you may give it a try.
Should you be interested in performing a step-by-step jailbreak using TaiG, check out the guide below.
But if you are a Mac user, you can always use the PP jailbreak tool, instead of setting up a virtual Windows machine to jailbreak on your Mac.
- TaiG jailbreak tool is currently available for Windows only.
- TaiG is an untethered jailbreak version.
- Do create a backup using iCloud or iTunes before you start the jailbreak process, which might wipe out all data on your iOS device.
- If you get a warning saying 'Storage Almost Full', run Cydia.
- If the jailbreak process fails, turn off Wi-Fi and try again. If that does not work too, use TaiG Pro to restore and try to jailbreak again.
- Ensure that your iOS device has 80% battery.
- TaiG jailbreak tool supports iOS 8.1.3- iOS 8.4. If you have not already done so, update your iOS device to iOS 8.4 with TaiG Pro before jailbreak.
IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
How to jailbreak iPod touch 6th Generation running iOS 8.4 with TaiG
Step-1: Download TaiG untethered jailbreak tool on your PC
Step-2: Connect your iOS device to the PC using USB cable
Step-3: Go to Settings>> Passcode>> enter your Passcode>> Turn Passcode off>> enter Passcode
Step-4: Turn off Find My iPhone from Settings>> iCloud>> Find My iPhone
Step-5: Launch TaiG jailbreak application as an Administrator while your iOS device is connected to the PC. Right-click on TaiG exe and select 'Run as Administrator' from the drop-down menu
Step-6: Wait until TaiG detects your iOS device. When it shows your device with the correct firmware version, uncheck 3K Assistant, which is just below Cydia
Step-7: Click Start button to jailbreak. You should see a circular progress bar. Wait patiently for the process to complete
Step-8: When the jailbreak is completed, your device will reboot automatically. A message will appear saying 'Jailbreak succeeded'. You should see the Cydia icon on your device's home screen
After the jailbreak is completed, re-enable the Passcode and Find My iPhone features.