XDA developer, CastagnaIT has shared an easy guide using which you can root Galaxy S4 LTE-A on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop official build I9506XXUDOA6, released by Samsung last week.
The guide uses SuperSU root package by recognised developer Chainfire. Along with gaining root access, you can also flash TWRP recovery on the phone.
Head over directly to the root method below if you are looking for a manual guide to root I9506XXUDOA6 build on Galaxy S4 LTE-A. But keep in mind that flashing recovery and root package will trigger the Knox warranty.
- Install appropriate USB drivers for Galaxy S4 LTE-A on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> About phone>> tap Build number seven times. A pop up will appear, that reads, 'You are now a developer.' Go back to the Developer options and check USB debugging and click OK.]
- Create a backup of all data of the phone using any custom recovery, since the guide might wipe out everything.
- Your S4 LTE-A should have above 80% battery.
- Rooting the device will void the manufacturer's warranty.
- Verify that Samsung Kies software is not running and the antivirus software is disabled, which could affect the process.
- The CF-Auto-Root file used in the guide works only with the Galaxy S4 LTE-A I9506 and flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Check the model number of the phone by navigating to Settings>> About device>> Model number.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
Note: To install the root package you should have TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S4. Using the Odin you can install TWRP recovery on the phone.
Download link: TWRP recovery
Click here if you want to know how to install TWRP recovery using Odin.
How to root Galaxy S4 LTE-A on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using CF-Auto-Root
Step-1: Download SuperSU root package for Galaxy S4 to your PC
Step-2: Connect the phone to the computer and transfer the downloaded root file to the SD card of the phone and remember the location
Step-3: Switch off the phone and enter into recovery mode. Power the device on while pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together for a few seconds
Note: Use Volume buttons to navigate between options and Power button to select the desired option.
Step-4: Once the device is in TWRP recovery, select Install button
Step-6: Head over to the Update-SuperSU-v245.zip in the SD card, select it and confirm installation
Step-7: When the installation is completed, reboot your Android device
Your Galaxy S4 LTE-A should now be rooted on the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop I9506XXUDOA6 official build with TWRP recovery installed.