To everyone's surprise, the Chinese jailbreak team, TaiG has just released an untethered jailbreak for iOS devices powered with iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 beta, which Apple seeded to registered developers in the middle of this month.
Apart from iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 beta, the TaiG jailbreak works with the previous versions iOS 8 and iOS 8.1. But it is advisable to use Pangu jailbreak for iOS 8.0/iOS 8.1 devices. The TaiG untethered jailbreak is currently available for Windows version only.
MuscleNerd, the renowned member of iPhoen Dev Team has confirmed the release of TaiG jailbreak via Twitter and notes that Pangu and TaiG are racing each other for the big $$ in it.
Meanwhile, Stefan Esser, who is commonly known as i0n1c, a German security researcher has announced that TaiG jailbreak uses a kernel that Pangu team stole in May this year.
If you want to jailbreak your device running iOS 8.1.1 or iOS 8.2 beta, check out the following guide.
TaiG jailbreak tool is compatible with devices running iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 beta on the following devices such as;
- iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2 and iPad mini
- iPod Touch 5G
Points to remember
- Note that TaiG runs an app store with pirated apps in China.
- TaiG untethered jailbreak supports devices running iOS 8-iOS 8.1 also. But users are advised to use Pangu jailbreak for this.
- TaiG jailbreak is available for Windows version only.
- Use iCloud or iTunes to back up all data of your iOS device.
- Disable anti-virus programme or firewalls, which could be an obstacle for TaiG to connect to the internet.
- Ensure that your iOS device is having above 80% battery charge.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Proceed at your own risk.
How to jailbreak untether iOS 8.1.1/ iOS 8.2 beta using TiaG jailbreak on Windows
Step-1: Download the latest version of TaiG jailbreak on your PC then unzip the file
File name: TaiGJBreak_1010.zip
Step-2: Connect your iOS device to the computer using USB cable
Step-3: Navigate to Settings>> Touch ID & Passcode to disable Passcode
Step-4: Again go to Settings>> iCloud>> Find my iPhone to turn off Find my iPhone
Step-5: Launch the jailbreak app and run it as Administrator. To do so right click on the TaiG exe file and select Run as Administrator from the drop down menu
Step-6: TaiG jailbreak tool will take some time to detect your iOS device. When it shows the correct firmware version, deselect TaiG App Store (the Chinese version), just below Cydia 1.1.16
Step-7: Click on the jailbreak button in green colour to proceed further with the jailbreak. You should see a circular progress bar on the screen
Step-8: Once the jailbreak process is completed, your iOS device will reboot and you should see Cydia on the home screen
Note: The jailbreak process might not be successful, if you have updated your iOS device to iOS 8.1.1 via OTA update. Try to install iOS 8.1.1 manually using iTunes.
Your iOS device running iOS 8.1.1 or iOS 8.2 beta should now have been jailbroken successfully.
[Source: iPhone hacks]