crDroid ROM, known as one of the best Android custom firmware for the innumerous customisations it offers, is now available for the second generation Galaxy Note (N7100). Based on the CyanogenMod 12, the official crDroid ROM updates the Galaxy Note 2 from the Android KitKat version to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Check out the features of crDroid ROM.
crDroid custom features
- Nav bar tweaks (on/off toggle and custom dimensions)
- Animated rotation tile
- Wake up on plug
- Development shortcut
- Clock and time clickable in expanded status bar
- Notification ticker
- Quick unlock
- PIN keypad shuffler
- Custom lockscreen shortcuts
- Answer calls with hardware home button
- Status bar clock tweaks (right, centre or hide clock with many dates formats to show. Custom colours included)
- Notifications counter
- Volume keys wake the device
- Ability to hide the alarm clock icon from status bar
- Dialer Lookup
- Profiles form CyanogenMod (new merges and lollipop style)
- Protected apps (using trebuchet launcher)
- Filter spam notifications
- CyanogenMod SuperUser
- Clear all button in recent panel with custom option (hide, top right or top left)
- Privacy guard from CyanogenMod
- Quick settings pull down with one finger (right, left or off)
- Smart pull down
- Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
- Toggle to not allow quick settings on secure lockscreen
- Brightness control through status bar
- Double tap status bar sleep
- Data activity indicators
- Call blacklist support
- Increasing ring tone
- In call vibrations
- Advanced reboot menu
- Option to hide adb notification
- Screen shot quick delete with confirmation
- Long press back to kill with configurable timeout
- Less frequent notifications sound
- Advanced keyboard features (auto rotation with timeout, disable full screen, selector notification, show enter key, volume key cursor control)
- New Eleven music player and AudioFX from CyanogenMod
- Statusbar network speeds
- AOKP system animations
- Left handed navbar during landscape mode
- App circle sidebar
- Toast Animations
- Media Scanner on boot behaviour
- Gesture anywhere
If you want to update your Galaxy Note 2 to Android 5.0.2 using the crDroid build, check out our step-by-step installation guide below.
- As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup using custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Go to Settings>> About phone. Scroll down to Build number, Tap seven times on the build number. The Developer options under Settings should appear now. You can now enable USB debugging mode.]
- The Galaxy Note should have above 80% of battery charge to avoid unusual shutdown due to lack of battery, which could damage the device.
- The phone should be rooted and have the latest version of recovery installed.
- This crDroid ROM is compatible only with Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the smartphone by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and install firmware based on the model number of the device.
- You might get bugs with the installation of crDroid ROM, since it is undergoing development stage.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
How to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with crDroid ROM
Step-1: Connect Note 2 to the computer using USB cable. Now transfer the downloaded files to a safe location in your phone's storage. Remember the location where you have saved the files
Step-2: Unplug the USB cable from the phone and switch it off
Step-3: Place the phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together for a few seconds
Step-4: In recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/ factory reset. Use Power button to select any option and Volume keys to navigate between options while in Recovery Mode
Step-5: Also perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache
Step-7: Go to main recovery menu and select install zip from sdcard >> choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to the folder where you have copied the ROM and Gapps files. Select the crDroid ROM file and confirm installation
Step-8: When the ROM is installed, follow the same procedure to flash the Gapps file
Step-9: After you have successfully installed the files, select reboot system now to reboot the phone. Keep in mind that the Galaxy Note will take some time to boot for the first time after the Lollipop ROM is installed. Wait for the process to complete
You can now taste the Android 5.0.2 crDroid ROM on your Galaxy Note 2. Go to Settings>> About phone to verify the Android version.