Sprint had announced that it will release Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update for HTC Evo 3D and Evo Design 4G by early August. Keeping its promise, Sprint has started rolling out Android 4.0 update for HTC Evo 3D.
The new software version Android ICS 2.89.651.2 brings a number of features including home screen folders, new bar for commonly used applications, enhanced Android browser as well as Camera experience, face unlock, resizable widgets and add/remove panels.
According to a Phandroid report, the Evo 3D owners have reportedly started getting notifications to download the ICS update available via over-the-air (OTA). Unfortunately, the update did not bring HTC Sense 4.0 but the update devices are running Sense 3.6.
The HTC Evo 3D was launched with Android operating system v2.3 (Gingerbread). The device was unveiled in the UK in June last year. The device features a 4.3in 3D LCD capacitive touch screen. It packs a five megapixel rear-facing camera and a 1.3 megapixel secondary camera. Evo 3D is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8660 dual-core 1.2GHz CPU with Adreno 220 graphic unit. It runs with a Li-ion 1730mAh battery.
Evo 3D owners who want to upgrade their device to Android 4.0 can follow the steps mentioned below:
Steps to install Android 4.0 for HTC Evo 3D
Check the software version on your HTC Evo 3D
1) From home screen go to menu and then click on settings
2) Click on about phone and the on software information
3) Software version is listed under software number. Now press home to go back to home screen
1) From home screen, go to menu and then settings
2) Tap system updates then tap HTC software update and click check now
3) Your Evo 3D will check for available updates
4) If the update is available, you will be prompted to download and install it. Your phone may power off and back once again to complete software update
5) In case no updates are available, you will get to see a message that reads "your phone is up to date"; now tap OK and press home to go back to the home sceen
Your HTC Evo 3D is now running on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).