Android Open Kang Project team has recently released AOKP JB-MR1 nightly build for the HTC One. The new custom build upgrades the HTC One, currently running on Android 4.1.2, to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Besides, the ROM integrates several customised features which are not found in the official version.
Recognised XDA developer, Romanbb has shared the ROM as well as the easy installation method. Head over to the source page to learn more about the nightly build.
HTC One users, who wish to install Android 4.2.2 on their handsets using AOKP JB-MR1 nightly build, may follow our step-by-step guide.
It should be noted that the device may encounter minor bug issues with the installation of AOKP JB-MR1 since the ROM is going through development stage.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are also advised to ensure that their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for HTC One to transfer files between the Android device and computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe all data of the phone, create a back-up for the same. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod/TWRP already installed then backup data using the recovery.
4) The HTC One should have above 80 per cent of battery charge.
5) The phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed. Click here for step-by-step guide to root and install CWM recovery on HTC One.
6) The AOKP JB-MR1 nightly build works only on HTC One. Flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device.
7) After flashing the ROM if the device gets stuck on Booting animation or experience boot loop then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache five more times and then reboot the device.
8) Users are advised to give five to 10 minutes to the ROM once the device boots up for the first time to settle everything for a better user experience.
Steps to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean AOKP JB-MR1 nightly build on HTC One
Step-1: Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean AOKP JB-MR1 nightly ROM for HTC One to the computer
Step-2: Download Google Apps package
Step-3: Now connect the HTC One to the computer using USB cable. Then copy both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the phone
Note: Do not extract any file.
Step-4: Now disconnect the USB cable from the phone and turn it off
Step-5: Boot the HTC One into recovery mode. Press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together to boot into HBOOT menu, from there select Recovery
Note: In recovery mode use the Volume buttons to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option.
Step-6: In recovery mode, perform a Nandroid backup of the existing ROM which can be restored later if the new ROM does not work or in case users wish to go back to the previous firmware. To perform a Nandroid backup, select Backup and Restore then on the next screen select Backup again. Go back to the main recovery menu once the backup process is done
Step-7: Now perform data wiping task to eliminate clash between the new ROM and the previous ROM. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset then select Yes on the next screen to confirm the action. Wait for few minutes until data wiping is done then return to the CWM recovery menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping cache partition is completed, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping. Once the action is completed, go back to the recovery menu
Step-8: Select install zip from sdcard then select choose zip from sdcard. Now navigate to the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM which was earlier copied to the SD card of the phone. Select it using Power button and confirm installation on the next screen. The ROM installation should begin now
Step-9: Once the ROM is installed, follow the same procedure (step-8) but now choose the Google apps package to install the same
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. The phone will reboot now and boot up into the customised Jelly Bean ROM. The first boot will take about five minutes
HTC One should be now updated with AOKP JB-MR1 nightly build based on Android 4.2.2. Navigate to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software running on the device.
Note: To go back to the previous ROM, boot the phone into recovery mode, select Backup and Restore then restore the ROM by selecting it from the list.
Click here for guide to install (Stock Android 4.2.2) HTC One Google Play Edition on HTC One M7
[Source: Droid Firmwares]