HTC has begun rolling out Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Over-The-Air (OTA) software update for the HTC One which runs Android 4.1.2 out of box. Recently, HTC UK also announced via Twitter that the roll-out of Android 4.2.2 for HTC One has already started in the UK from 15 July.
HTC One users, who have not received the OTA notification yet for the update, may follow our step-by-step guide to install the Android 4.2.2 manually on their devices.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any mishap. Users are also advised to verify that their handsets meet following requirements before installing the firmware.
1) Install USB Driver for HTC One to connect the Android device with computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option then check the USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial might wipe all data of the phone, create a back-up. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP already installed then backup data using recovery.
4) The HTC One should have above 80 per cent of battery charge.
5) The device will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, it will lose custom recovery such as ClockworkMod/TWRP which will be replaced by stock recovery.
6) The phone will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official build.
7) Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean build is compatible only with HTC One M7. Flashing this on incorrect variant might brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of device by navigating to Settings>> About device>> Model number and download firmware according to the model number and CID number of the device.
Download Official firmware
Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware according to model number and CID number of the HTC One.
1) For x.xx.401.x- World Wide English [WWE]
Model id: PNO710000
Stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware [2.24.401.1.zip, 40.23MB]
2) For x.xx.709.x -Asia TW (Taiwan)
Model id: PNO710000
CID number: HTC_621
Stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean [2.24.709.1.zip, 40.22MB]
Steps to install Android 4.2.2 official firmware on HTC One
Step-1: Download Mini SDK. Extract the downloaded file into a folder on the computer. Rename the folder to mini-sdk
Step-2: Copy the downloaded official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware zip into the mini-sdk folder. Rename the downloaded firmware file into firmware.zip
Step-3: Switch off the HTC One by holding and pressing Power button
Step-4: Now boot the phone into HBoot Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together
Step-5: Using the Volume button navigate to Fastboot and select it by pressing the Power button
Step-6: Connect the HTC One to the computer using USB cable
Step-7: Open a Command Prompt on the computer [To open Command Prompt, go to Widows logo then type CMD in the search box and press Enter.]
Step-8: Type cd C:mini-sdk in the Command Prompt window to navigate to the mini-sdk folder
Step-9: Now type fastboot getvar all to retrieve model id and CID number of the device
Step-10: Type fastboot oem lock to relock the bootloader in case the bootloader of the device is unlocked [Those who are coming from stock firmware, can skip this step.]
Step-11: Type fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for the device to reboot
Step-12: Type fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for the flashing process to complete [If there is any problem after this step then flash the firmware again by typing fastboot flash zip firmware.zip]
Step-13: Then type fastboot reboot to reboot the phone. The device will now boot up into the official firmware. It will take about a few minutes for the device to boot for the first time
When the HTC One boots up successfully, it should be update with the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware. Head over to Setting >> About device to verify the new software version running on the phone.
[Source: Android Teen]