HTC One GSM users can now enjoy the latest Android 4.3 custom features on their handset, thanks to the release of Android Revolution HD ROM by XDA Recognised Developer, mike1986. The custom ROM brings a host of custom tweaks and feature enhancements over stock Android 4.3 Google Play Edition ROM.
Some of the noteworthy custom Jelly Bean features ported into this ROM include full root access, unsecured boot.img, latest BusyBox, optimised RAM, improved virtual memory management, speed optimisations, support for full hardware GPU UI rendering, no bloatware apps, tweaked data with cache and system partitions mount, stock kernel, zipaligned, deodexed, auto init.d, enhanced battery life, optimised EXT4 performance, open VPN support and more.
Key Points to Note
- Android Revolution HD ROM and instructions provided in this article are meant for HTC One GSM M7 model only. In other words, it should work with devices codenamed as m7u, m7ul, m7tmo and m7att.
- Ensure the phone is rooted and running a custom recovery app such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP.
- Make sure the device and its bootloader is unlocked.
- Backup important data and settings on your phone, as the procedure involves data wiping task which will erase all user and application data on the device. No data on SD card will be affected during this process.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on the phone via Menu > Settings > Developer Options
- Verify that the device has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown during firmware installation.
- Allow newly installed ROM to stabilise for five minutes before you start working on it.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable if device is damaged or bricked during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Custom Android 4.3 Jelly Bean via Android Revolution HD ROM for HTC One
- Download Android Revolution HD ROM for HTC One on computer.
- Connect the phone to computer via USB cable.
- Without extracting, copy the ROM zip file to the root folder on the phone's SD card.
- After the file transfer process completes, disconnect the device from computer.
- Now boot the phone into HBOOT mode, choose Recovery Mode and wait until the CWM or TWRP recovery screen loads.
- In recovery menu, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM so that it can be restored, if the new ROM fails to work or if you want to return to the original ROM. NOTE: If phone is running CWM recovery then select Backup and Restore, and then click Yes to confirm. If TWRP recovery is installed on phone then choose Backup. Now select system data you want to backup and confirm the action to continue.
- In CWM recovery, perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action. If running TWRP recovery, choose Wipe and hit Factory Reset in pop-up menu. Then confirm the action.
- Select Install Zip from SD card and then click Choose Zip from SD card. Navigate to stock Android 4.3 ROM zip file that you copied earlier to phone and select it. Then choose Yes to confirm installation (NOTE: In TWRP, tap Install and select ROM, then slide the blue button to confirm ROM installation).
- Now AROMA installer setup appears on screen. Follow the on screen instructions to complete ROM installation. After the installation is done, return to the main recovery menu and hit Reboot.
- Wait until the phone boots into Normal mode. The first boot may take about five minutes to complete. So, please be patient and do not interrupt the process until the Android 4.3 home screen loads up.
Restore Previous ROM: To restore your previous ROM, boot into recovery, choose Backup and Restore and then restore your original ROM by selecting it from the list.
Custom Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based Android Revolution HD ROM is now successfully installed on your HTC One GSM. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: XDA Developers]