The HTC One XL smartphone can now be updated with the latest official Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) firmware. The firmware reportedly fixes issues related to camera and sleep bug. HTC users who wish to manually upgrade their device can have a look at the steps below. IBTimes UK cautions its readers that it will not be held responsible for any consequences during installation.
Before proceeding take a quick look at the pre-requisites below:
- Make a backup of all important data
- Ensure the device is rooted
Note: Users should not apply this update on the network locked device as it may brick the device completely
To update HTC One XL with official Jelly Bean firmware:
- Download the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) firmware package to the PC
- Connect the device to PC using a USB cable and copy the downloaded file to PC. Now, disconnect the device from PC
- Let the device enter Bootloader mode: you can do so, by pressing and holding Volume Up and Ok buttons; while holding these buttons press the power button
- In bootloader mode, choose Recovery in order to enter Recovery mode. In recovery mode, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then select Wipe Cache Partition so that the cache data is wiped
- In recovery mode choose Install Zip from SD Card and then select the Jelly Bean zip file. Once you select the file, it would take 3-4 minutes for the applying the update
- Once the update is applied, choose Reboot System Now to reboot the device in the normal mode
You have successfully installed the Jelly Bean firmware on your HTC One XL.
Note: If the device enters boot loop sequence or gets stuck in the welcome screen, then re-insert the battery and follow the onscreen instructions.
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]