Chinese smartphone brand Huawei recently released its flagship Mate S for select markets including China. Now, the phone can be purchased online in countries such as the UK, the US and Australia.
Third-party e-tailer GearBest is currently selling the Mate S with a price tag of $670 (£446). GearBest says it is shipping the high-end smartphone to various countries, and the shipping time is said to be between 3-5 business days. Prospective buyers can choose from silver, golden, grey and rose red colour variants. There are no shipping charges
The smartphone comes globally unlocked and its connectivity varies based on individual geographic regions. Country-wise network compatibility can be checked out here.
Key technical specs of Huawei Mate S flagship smartphone
- 5.5in AMOLED display, protected by Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) operating system, upgradeable to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 2.2 GHz quad-core and 1.5 GHz quad-core CPUS within a HiSilicon Kirin 935 SoC
- 13 MP rear camera
- 8 MP front camera
- 3 GB RAM
- 32/64 GB internal storage options
- MicroSD card slot for expansion up to 128 GB
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 2,700 mAh fixed battery.