Renowned iOS developer and hacker - iH8sn0w - has released a major update for his popular jailbreak tool - sn0wbreeze. The tool is now updated to version 2.9.8, which ports a host of feature enhancements and bug-fixes. Moreover, it supports the newly released iOS 6.x untethered jailbreak.
Those with older A4 devices running on Windows platform are eligible to install the new Sn0wbreeze update. IBTimes UK will soon come up with a tutorial for installing the same. So stay tuned.
Here is iH8sn0w's complete change-log for the 2.9.8 release:
New Features of Sn0wbreeze 2.9.8
- Added 5.2/6.0.x/6.1 untethers provided by evad3rs
- Added iOS 6.1 support for iPhone 3GS, and A4 devices.
- Fixed Hacktivation issues on 6.0.x.
- Fixed some iFaith mode bugs.
NOTE: The update is currently unsupported for Apple TV 2 as XBMC is broken. Apple TV users may hold back on updating until the bugs are fixed in forthcoming updates.
- Use iFaith mode after selecting or downloading the appropriate IPSW for the device. A prompt will appear to browse for SHSH blobs for the IPSW selected.
- Ensure that you enter into PWNED DFU state with sn0wbreeze's iREB button in the top bar of sn0wbreeze before (SHIFT + Restoring) the custom signed IPSW.
Sn0wbreeze cannot be updated for A5(X) and A6(X) devices until a low-level exploit in DFU or iBoot is found.
A5(X)/A6(X) Baseband Preservation and Hacktivation?
Users of A5(X)/A6(X) devices cannot preserve their device baseband, as there is no known solution at the moment. However, those who want to hacktivate, can do so by buying the carrier's SIM (the one its locked to) on ebay. The SIM need not be activated with the carrier to hacktivate the phone.
- Windows 8 users should currently employ this workaround to run sn0wbreeze.
- First boot on an AppleTV 2 for 5.1/5.2 firmwares has funky glitches. Should be fixed via updates from repos.
- iPad baseband will fail to flash on iOS 4.0 -> iOS 4.2.1 restores.
- iPod Touch 2G 4.x.x restores fail (fix coming soon).
Meanwhile, iH8sn0w's f0recast tool has been updated for both Mac and Windows. The app comes in handy to determine if a device is jailbreakable or not, and reveals the available SHSH blobs for the device on Cydia.
Check out the download links for the latest versions of Sn0wbreeze and f0recast below: