We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Sony has started rolling out Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) build 4.1.B.o.631 for Xperia Neo L (MT25i). The update is said to come with bug fixes and performance improvements. It can be accessed via Over-The-Air (OTA) update, but interested users who wish to update manually can follow this tutorial.
IBTimes UK cautions readers to proceed at their own risk. After installing the firmware your device will lose custom ROMs. In addition, the device will no more belong to rooted device after installing the firmware.
- Ensure device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Enable USB debugging and install all USB drivers
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Finally, make sure that your phone is factory unlocked
To install Android 4.0.4 (ICS) build 4.1.B.o.631 firmware on Xperia Neo L:
- Install Flash tool in your PC
- Open Task Manager and locate adb.exe process. Kill that process
- Copy the downloaded file to firmware folder within flashtool folder
- Open flashtool.exe. Select flashmode and choose the firmware you copied in step 3
- Click on OK button. A window will pop up asking you to connect the device in Flashmode. To boot the device in Flashmode, turn the device on and then press and hold Back button. Keep holding the button until you see LED light in green
- Flashtool will begin flashing the ICS build firmware automatically
- Unplug the device from USB cable after Flashtool reaches 100 percent indicating the completion of flashing
- Turn the device on
Your Xperia Neo L should now have Android 4.0.4 ICS build installed. To verify, browse to Settings > About phone.
[Source: Android Jinn]