HTC One X users are in for a special treat with the release of Renovate Jelly Bean ROM that brings greater speed, longer battery life and optimised RAM for a sublime performance. The Renovate 12 Jelly Bean ROM comes pre-rooted with latest SuperSU and binaries.
It ports Android 4.1.1 with HTC Sense 4+ user interface (UI) onboard. Besides, you can truly renovate your phone using AROMA installer that brings a choice of themes and apps built into this ROM.
Key Points to Note
- The Renovate Jelly Bean ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are compatible only with the HTC One X model only. It will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings to avoid risk of data loss while flashing the Renovate Jelly Bean ROM on the Nexus 4 E960.
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the Renovate ROM based Jelly Bean update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Make sure that your device is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) installed on it.
- Verify the HBOOT version of your device, as the ROM works with HBOOT version 1.31, 1.33 or 1.36 only. Attempting the installation of this ROM on incompatible HBOOT versions may brick your device with permanent consequences.
- Keep a working Windows computer handy, along with the phone's original USB cable.
- Ensure that the correct USB drivers are installed for your HTC One X by downloading and installing the HTC Sync software.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development.
- Disable all security software including antivirus, firewall and antimalware. Also disable HTC Sync and other software that access your phone in the background. Such software may interfere with the ROM installation procedure and thereby brick your device.
- Make sure that the device's battery has at least 75 percent charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the Renovate Jelly Bean ROM on the HTC One X.
Download Fastboot package
How to Install Android 4.1.1 Renovate Jelly Bean ROM for HTC One X
1. Copy the Renovate ROM Zip file to the root folder on your phone's SD Card.
2. Extract the Fastboot.zip file to your computer and you will get a folder named Fastboot.
3. Extract boot.img file from the Renovate Zip file and copy it to the Fastboot folder.
4. Switch off your phone and boot into Bootloader mode. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until the screen powers on.
5. In Bootloader Mode, navigate to Fastboot Mode using Volume keys and select it by tapping the Power button.
6. Connect your phone to the computer using the original USB cable. Now, Fastboot USB message should appear on your phone's display.
7. On the computer, launch a command prompt and browse to the Fastboot folder.
8. Flash boot.imgby typing the following at command prompt:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot erase cache
9. Unplug your phone from the computer.
10. Select Bootloader on your phone and you will enter the main Bootloader menu.
11. In Bootloader Mode, highlight Recovery Mode using Volume keys and select it by pressing the Power button.
12. Take a NANDroid Backup of your existing ROM. Now, hit Backup and Restore and click Backup again.
13. Choose Wipe data/factory reset and click Yes to confirm.
14. ClickWipe cache partition and choose Yes to confirm.
15. Hit Advanced, select Wipe Dalvik cache and click Yes to confirm.
16. Click Mounts and Storage, choose Format System and click Yes to confirm.
17. Choose Install ZIP from SD card and click Choose ZIP from SD card. Locate and select the Renovate ROM ZIP file that you copied to your phone in step 1. Finally, click Yes to confirm.
18. The AROMA Installer should pop-up on screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the ROM installation process.
19. Once the ROM is installed, reboot your phone.
Renovate ROM 12.0.0 based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware is now successfully installed on your HTC One X.
[Source: Android Authority]