The AllianceROM, which is based on the XXLSC Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) firmware, has been made available for the Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000). This firmware comes pre-rooted and features some tweaks for better performance, RAM management and battery preservation.
Readers looking to update a Galaxy Note to this Jelly Bean custom ROM can do so by following this tutorial. However, IBTimes UK warns its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. Please note this ROM and guide is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000).
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Ensure device is rooted, factory unlocked and has ClockWorkMod (CWM) custom Recovery installed
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure all appropriate USB drivers are installed
- Ensure Dalvik Cache is wiped
To Install AllianceROM XXLSC Android 4.1.2 ROM on Galaxy Note
- Connect device to PC using USB cable and copy Android 4.1.2 ROM and Google apps file to device's SD card
- Turn device off, enter Recovery mode and then perform a data wipe in CWM recovery
- Now scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card by pressing the Power key
- Then select Choose Zip from SD card
- Navigate to and choose Android 4.1.2 ROM file and tap Yes to confirm installation. The installation should now begin
- Repeat above step to select and install Google apps package
- After installation completes, go to+++++Go Back and reboot device by selecting Reboot System Now from Recovery menu
The Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000) should now have AllianceROM XXLSC Android 4.1.2 ROM installed. This can be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]